Nukeproof Dissent 297
Racing is in our DNA. It comes from being developed and tested in conjunction with the world’s fastest racers.
The Dissent platform was originally conceived by our engineers as a concept to test several progression curve theories at once. However, in turning the theory into reality, we created something much better than expected, and the prototype won on its international debut at Crankworx festival’s Garbanzo Downhill race with Sam Hill. It is not uncommon for different world cup riders to want a slightly different characteristic to one another depending on factors such as their riding style and whether they run flat pedals or not. The DISSENT takes this into account with an adjustable main pivot flip chip, designed to essentially work like a bottomless token for a coil shock. The DISSENT Frame now offers riders the choice of 4 main pivot positions, which alter how progressive the suspension is. Cleverly the geometry and travel do not change between positions. Note: The sag difference between each setting is around 1% so you should not need a different spring rate.
The Main pivot flip chips are fast and simple to change and offer a tailored factory set up for every rider! Further custom tuning can be done via our new 3 position adjustable chainstay features interchangeable dropout inserts (435, 440, 445mm). The chainstay flip chips allow you to alter the wheelbase by 5-10mm depending on the type of track you’re riding, your height or riding style. The settings are as below
- Setting 1: 17% Progression – This is the setting that is most similar to the Pulse frame but with more mid-stroke support. It starts with the least progressive rate off the top, has the most mid stroke support and then ramps up the least at the end. As used by Sam HIll
- Setting 2: 21% Progression – This is what we consider to be the Goldilocks position. (Its’s just right!) I.E. It suits most riders most of the time and as a result this is the setting we recommend and will ship the bike in.
- Setting 3: 26% Progression – This is the position that Adam Brayton prefers and has raced to several medals already this year. If it is progressive enough for “Gas to Flat” himself, then it is probably progressive enough for you too!
- Setting 4: 30% Progression - It starts with the most progressive rate off the top (Most supple over small bumps), has the least mid stroke support but then ramps up the most at the end. This is the setting that we would use for riding a bike park with loads of braking bumps and massive jumps/drops.
The combination of frame adaptability, a custom hydroformed 6061 aluminium tubeset, a confidence inspiring 63-degree head angle and 200mm of travel via our new Dissent platform make this bike the privateers dream. The centrally-positioned shock and linkage system ensure optimum handling while other features include a true 1.5” head tube, ISCG 05 mounts and a 157mm x 12mm rear axle to keep things stable at the rear
Please Note: Due to severe delays in the bicycle supply chain, we have been forced to make some alterations to the specification of the component parts supplied with this bicycle. As a result the specification may differ from those shown in the images. Please refer to the specification table for accurate information.
- Downhill Bike
- Hydroformed 6061-T6 Triple-Butted Aluminium
- 200mm Rear travel
- Adjustable Suspension Kinematics and Wheelbase
- Sizes Available: Medium, Large, XL
ImagesRegular price £4,999.99 GBP (SRP) Save Liquid error (snippets/bike-product-template line 139): Computation results in '-Infinity'% Find a Dealer
|Frame||Nukeproof Dissent 297 Alloy, 200mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set, custom tuned rear shock configuration, internal cable routing, Enduro bearings, threaded bottom bracket, boost 157mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection||Nukeproof Dissent 297 Alloy, 200mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set, custom tuned rear shock configuration, internal cable routing, Enduro bearings, threaded bottom bracket, boost 157mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection||Nukeproof Dissent 297 Alloy, 200mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set, custom tuned rear shock configuration, internal cable routing, Enduro bearings, threaded bottom bracket, boost 157mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection|
|Fork||RockShox Boxxer Select Charger RC, 29”, 200mm travel, 46mm Offset, BOOST 20x110mm, Debonair, Gloss Black||RockShox Boxxer Ultimate, Charger 2 RC2, 29" 200mm Travel, 46mm Offset, BOOST 20x110mm, Debonair, Boxxer Red|
|Shock||RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Select R, Custom Tune Compression LIN, Rebound L, 250x75mm, Bearing End, Black Coil Spring (S=300LBS/M=350LBS/L=400LBS /XL=450LBS SPRING)||RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate DH RC, Custom Tune Compression LIN, Rebound L, 250x75mm, Bearing End, Red Coil Spring (S=300LBS/M=350LBS/L=400LBS /XL=450LBS SPRING)||RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate DH RC, Custom Tune Compression LIN, Rebound L, 250x75mm, Bearing End, Red Coil Spring (S=300LBS/M=350LBS/L=400LBS /XL=450LBS SPRING)|
|Front Wheel||Sun-Ringle Duroc SD37 Comp 29", 20x110mm||Nukeproof Horizon V2 DH 29", 20x110mm|
|Rear Wheel||Sun-Ringle Duroc SD37 Comp 27.5", Shimano Driver, 157x12mm||Nukeproof Horizon V2 DH 27.5", HG Freehub, 157x12mm|
|Tyres||Front: Michelin DH22 29”x2.4, TLR/ Rear: Michelin DH22 27.5”x2.4, TLR||Front: Michelin DH22 29”x2.4, TLR/ Rear: Michelin DH22 27.5”x2.4, TLR|
|Crankset||SRAM Descendant DH, 165mm, 34T, DUB83mm||SRAM XO1 DH Carbon X-Sync, 165mm, 34T, DUB83mm, Black|
|Shifter||SRAM GX 7-Speed||SRAM XO1 7-Speed, Red|
|Rear Deraileur||SRAM GX 7-Speed||SRAM XO1 7-Speed, Red|
|Chain||SRAM PC-1110 11-Speed||SRAM PC-1110 11-Speed|
|Cassette||SRAM GX DH 7-Speed, PG720 11-25T||SRAM PG720 DH 7-Speed, XG795 11-25T|
|Chain Guide||MRP G4 CS 34-38T ISCG 05||MRP Mini G4 32-36T ISCG-05|
|Brakes||SRAM Guide RE, Sintered pads||SRAM Code R, Sintered pads|
|Front Rotor||SRAM Centreline, 220mm||SRAM Centreline, 220mm|
|Rear Rotor||SRAM Centreline, 200mm||SRAM Centreline, 200mm|
|Handlebars||Nukeproof Neutron V2 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm||Nukeproof Horizon 25mm Rise, Width -S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm|
|Stem||Nukeproof Horizon Direct Mount, 45mm, black||Nukeproof Horizon Direct Mount, 45mm, black|
|Seatpost||Nukeproof Neutron, 30.9mm, 300mm, 0 Offset.||Nukeproof Neutron, 30.9mm, 300mm, 0 Offset.|
|Headset||Nukeproof, 49IITS||Nukeproof, 49IITS||Nukeproof, 49IITS|
|Grips||Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature||Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature|
|Bearings||Enduro Bearings||Enduro Bearings||Enduro Bearings|
|Weight: (Size Medium)||17.3kg (Tubeless)||16.8kg (Tubeless)||5.06Kgs/11.1lbs (Tubeless)|
Geometry & Sizing
|(C) Effective Top Tube Length||560||590||610||630|
|(D) Seattube Length||405||405||405||405|
|(E) Effective Seattube Angle||76°||76°||76°||76°|
|(F) Seattube Angle (Actual)||-||-||-||-|
|(G) Saddle Height at Saddle Offset||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|(H) Saddle Offset at Saddle Height||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|(I) Headtube Length||110||110||110||110|
|(J) Headtube Angle||63°||63°||63°||63°|
|(K) Chainstay Length||435/440/445||435/440/445||435/440/445||435/440/445|
|(L) Front Centre||794||814||834||854|
|(M) Wheelbase||1234 (Middle Setting)||1254 (Middle Setting)||1274 (Middle Setting)||1294 (Middle Setting)|
|(N) Bottom Bracket Drop||-20||-20||-20||-20|
|(O) Bottom Bracket Height||357.5||357.5||357.5||357.5|
|(P) Stand Over Height||669.5||667.9||676.9||675.9|
|(Q) Fork Travel||200||200||200||200|
|(S) Fork Offset||46||46||46||46|
|(T) Axle to Crown||602||602||602||602|
|(U) Maximum Seatpost Insert||134||134||134||134|
All dimensions in mm unless otherwise stated
*Available in frame only
- Frame Spec
- Tech Docs
- Where can I buy Nukeproof Bikes?
- Nukeproof bikes, components and apparel is sold through an authorised dealer network. Check out our dealer locator for your local local stockist or preferred online store www.nukeproof.com/dealers
- Do your bikes come with Warranty?
- All Dissent frames come with a 2 year frame warranty (Please visit www.nukeproof.com/warranty for full info). Components will follow the component manufacturer warranty policy. Our Warranty policy applies to the original owner and processed by our authorised retail partners. To see their warranty process check: www.nukeproof.com/warranty
- Where can I demo a Nukeproof bike?
- We run numerous demo's through the year at major events and with our dealer network. Check out www.nukeproof.com/demo for when we may be near you. If this is unavailable to you, you can always request a demo through your local authorised stockist.
- What size bike do I need?
- All our products come with a size guide. This is designed as an indication of the size that may suit you. If you are still unsure speak with one of our dealers who will be happy to help you pick the right size and model for you
- How does you bike range work?
- Our range is named based on specification level. Not every Bike Frame will have each specification level, but in order of price they run: Sport - Race - Comp - Pro - Elite- Factory/ST (Reactor Only) - RS
- Where can I buy touch up paint for my bike?
- Nukeproof have partnered up with paint specialist G-Paint to offer touch up paints for popular Nukeproof models. These can be bought direct from G-Paint's website HERE.
|Material:||Hydroformed 6061 Triple-Butted Aluminium|
|Axle to Crown:||602mm|
|Wheels Size:||Front: 29" Rear: 27.5"|
|Max Tyre Size:||2.5"|
|Recommended Shock Sag (Measured standing):||30%|
|Shock Hardware F:||25x8mm|
|Shock Hardware R:||30x8mm|
|Headset:||ZS49-28.6 / ZS49/40|
|Bearings Required:||6x BB 6902 LLU MAX, 2x 63804-2RS MAX|
|BB:||Threaded 83mm BSA|
|Rear Hub:||Boost 157x12mm|
|Rear Axle:||Nukeproof M12x1.75 198mm|
|Max Chainring Size||36T/34T Oval|
|Brake Mount:||200mm Direct Post|
|Protection:||3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS|