Nukeproof Mega 297 Alloy
For over 10 years, our best-selling model; the Mega has been racking up awards on Enduro stages and in the press around the world. With 4 Enduro World Series titles to its name, the Mega has become an icon that is synonymous with racing. However, we never rest on our laurels and 2021 sees the introduction of the 4th generation Mega, now in a 297 offering.
Since 2009 the Nukeproof Mega has been on a constant development to meet the demands of our riders and customers alike. This has resulted in the launch of the Mega 297.
The pursuit for performance is endless. Developed in conjunction with our elite athletes, the Mega is now available in a mixed (MX) wheel size platform. The Mega 297 is a seriously capable machine, paring a 29” wheel up front with a 27.5” wheel out back. Why two sized wheels? The 29” wheel up front to maximize grip and rolling efficiency whilst the 27.5” wheel out back, ensures nimble handling for maneuverability and extra clearance for riders when leaning off the back of the bike.
To optimize the strength and weight, the Mega is constructed fully out of T6061-T6 Aluminium including all forged part.
After winning 4 Enduro World Series Titles in 3 years the all new design is an evolution of our ultimate Enduro bike. At the heart of the frame is all new suspension Kinematics, designed to be more subtle off the top, whilst remaining progressive and predictable. Anti-Squat is used to create an effective pedaling bike that can be thrashed through technical terrain. The useable SAG range is also widened to allow riders to tune the suspension to the trails. Other key features include:
- Front 29”/Rear 27.5” MX wheel size platform
- Improved suspension kinematics
- Tube-In-Tube design for easy cable installation
- All new Geometry
- SRAM UDH
- Room for a 750ml water bottle inside the main front triangle
The new Mega frame geometry features dynamic saddle offset which is designed to optimise seated rider weight distribution on each frame size. This is achieved through seat angle which are bespoke to each frame size. In addition, the actual seat tube is designed to be shorter overall with a bigger maximum insert depth so as to allow a longer dropper post if required.
- Enduro Bike
- Hydroformed 6061-T6 Triple-Butted Aluminium
- 165mm Rear travel
- Comes with 3D Contored rubber protection
- Boost 148 Hub Spacing
- Sizes Available: Small, Medium, Large
ImagesRegular price £3,699.99 GBP (SRP) Save Liquid error (snippets/bike-product-template line 139): Computation results in '-Infinity'% Find a Dealer
|Frame||Nukeproof Mega V4 297 Alloy, 165mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set, internal cable routing, ISCG 05 mount, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured Rubber frame protection.||Nukeproof Mega V4 297 Alloy, 165mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set, internal cable routing, ISCG 05 mount, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured Rubber frame protection.||Nukeproof Mega V4 297 Alloy, 165mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set, internal cable routing, ISCG 05 mount, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured Rubber frame protection.|
|Fork||RockShox Domain, Motion Control RC damper, 170mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Gloss Black||RockShox ZEB Select + Charger 2.1 RC 170mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Gloss Black|
|Shock||RockShox Super Deluxe Select R, Custom LIN L1 HOTDOG tune, 230x62.5mm, Bearing End, 2 bottomless tokens fitted.||RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ RT, Custom LIN L1 HOTDOG S320 tune, 230x62.5mm, Bearing End, 2 bottomless tokens fitted.||RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT, Custom LIN L1 HOTDOG S320 tune, 230x62.5mm, Bearing End, 2 bottomless tokens fitted|
|Front Wheel||Sun-Ringle Duroc SD37 Comp 29", 15x110mm||Nukeproof Neutron V2 29", Tubeless Ready, 32h, 110x15mm|
|Rear Wheel||Sun-Ringle Duroc SD37 Comp 27.5", Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm||Nukeproof Neutron V2 27.5", Tubeless Ready, 32h, SRAM XD Driver with 36 points of engagement, 148x12mm|
|Tyres||Front: Maxxis Assegai 29" x 2.5 WT, 3C MaxxGrip DD TR, Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5” x 2.4 WT, 3C MaxxTerra DD TR||Front: Maxxis Assegai 29" x 2.5 WT, 3C MaxxGrip DD TR, Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5” x 2.4 WT, 3C MaxxTerra DD TR|
|Crankset||Race Face Ride,12 Speed Crank, 170mm, 32T, 52mm Chainline||SRAM Descendant 7K Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 32T, B148, DUB|
|Shifter||Shimano Deore M6100-IR, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV||SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed|
|Rear Deraileur||Shimano Deore M6100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus||SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed|
|Chain||Shimano Deore M6100 12-Speed||SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed|
|Cassette||Shimano Deore M6100 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T||SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed, CS XG1275 EAGLE 10-52T|
|Chain Guide||MRP 1x CS, 28-34T, ISCG-05, black||Nukeproof Chain Guide with Bash, 28-36T, ISCG-05, black|
|Brakes||Shimano M6120 or SRAM DB8||SRAM Guide RE|
|Handlebars||Nukeproof Neutron V2 25mm Rise, Width - S780mm, M780mm, L800mm||Nukeproof Horizon V2 25mm Rise, Width - S780mm, M780mm, L800mm|
|Stem||Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black||Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black|
|Seatpost||Brand X Ascend internal, 31.6mm, S:125mm drop; M:150mm drop; L: 170mm Drop||Brand X Ascend internal, 31.6mm, S:125mm drop; M:150mm drop; L:170mm Drop|
|Headset||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS|
|Grips||Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature||Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature|
|Weight: (Size Medium)||16.48Kgs (Tubeless)||15.49kg Medium Tubeless||3.82Kgs/8.4lbs (Medium)|
Geometry & Sizing
|(C) Effective Top Tube Length||567.71||592.71||610.87|
|(D) Seattube Length||380||410||440|
|(E) Effective Seattube Angle||77.5°||77.5°||78°|
|(F) Seattube Angle (Actual)||71°||71°||71.5°|
|(G) Saddle Height at Saddle Offset||650||700||750|
|(H) Saddle Offset at Saddle Height||142.22||158.59||166.66|
|(I) Headtube Length||100||100||120|
|(J) Headtube Angle||64°||64°||64°|
|(K) Chainstay Length||435||435||435|
|(L) Front Centre||758.5||783.5||812.11|
|(N) Bottom Bracket Drop||30/10||30/10||30/10|
|(O) Bottom Bracket Height||345||345||345|
|(P) Stand Over Height||721.75/725.16||720.28/724.41||721.3/722.92|
|(Q) Fork Travel||170||170||170|
|(S) Fork Offset||42||42||42|
|(T) Axle to Crown||584||584||584|
|(U) Maximum Seatpost Insert||216mm||245mm||270mm|
*All dimensions in mm unless otherwise stated
- Frame Spec
- Industry Reviews
- Tech Docs
- Where can I buy Nukeproof Bikes?
- Nukeproof bikes, components and apparel is sold through an authorised dealer network. Check out our dealer locator for your local local stockist or preferred online store www.nukeproof.com/dealers
- Do your bikes come with Warranty?
- All Mega frames come with a 5 year frame warranty (Please visit www.nukeproof.com/warranty for full info). Components will follow the component manufacturer warranty policy. Our Warranty policy applies to the original owner and processed by our authorised retail partners. To see their warranty process check: www.nukeproof.com/warranty
- Where can I demo a Nukeproof bike?
- We run numerous demo's through the year at major events and with our dealer network. Check out www.nukeproof.com/demo for when we may be near you. If this is unavailable to you, you can always request a demo through your local authorised stockist.
- What size bike do I need?
- All our products come with a size guide. This is designed as an indication of the size that may suit you. If you are still unsure speak with one of our dealers who will be happy to help you pick the right size and model for you.
- How does you bike range work?
- Our range is named based on specification level. Not every Bike Frame will have each specification level, but in order of price they run: Sport - Race - Comp - Pro - Elite- Factory/ST (Reactor Only) - RS
- Where can I buy touch up paint for my bike?
- Nukeproof have partnered up with paint specialist G-Paint to offer touch up paints for popular Nukeproof models. These can be bought direct from G-Paint's website HERE.
|Axle to Crown:||584mm|
|Wheels Size:||29" Front / 27.5" Rear|
|Max Tyre Size:||2.6"|
|Recommended Shock Sag (Measured seated):||30-35%|
|Shock Hardware F:||25x8mm|
|Shock Hardware R:||30x8mm|
|Headtube:||44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated|
|Headset:||ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8|
|Bearings Required:||4x F6802 LLU MAX, 4x 6902 LLU MAX, 2x F6902 LLU MAX-EA|
|Seatpost:||31.6mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)|
|BB:||Threaded 73mm BSA|
|Rear Hub:||Boost 148x12mm|
|Rear Axle:||SRAM UDH Maxle Stealth M12x1.0 180mm (Thread Length 13mm)|
|Max Chainring Size||36T/34T Oval|
|Brake Mount:||180mm Direct Post|
|Protection:||3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS|
- 2021 Mega Carbon exploded diagram with torque settings
- 2021 Mega Alloy exploded diagram with torque settings
- How to convert your Nukeproof bike to tubeless
- 2021 Mega MX Fitting Guide
- Fast Shock Recommended Base Settings
- Push Shock Recommended Base Settings
- EXT Shock Recommended Base Settings
- General Bike Manual