Nukeproof Mega 290 Carbon
For over 10 years, our best-selling model; the Mega has been racking up awards on Enduro stages and in the press around the world. With 4 Enduro World Series titles to its name, the Mega has become an icon that is synonymous with racing. However, we never rest on our laurels and 2021 sees the introduction of the 4th generation Mega.
Since 2009 the Nukeproof Mega has been on a constant development to meet the demands of our riders and customers alike.
To optimise the weight, strength and stiffness, the Mega Carbon frame features a T700/800 UD woven carbon fibre frameset (Front and rear Triangle). The new carbon swingarms helps reduce the unsprung weight on the rear of the bike. Again, the Mega is available in both 27.5” or 29” wheel sizes, with both frame designs tailored around each wheel size. All forged part are also made from 6061-T6 Aluminium
After winning 4 Enduro World Series Titles in 3 years the all new design is an evolution of our ultimate Enduro bike. At the heart of the frame is all new suspension Kinematics, designed to be more subtle off the top, whilst remaining progressive and predictable . Anti-Squat is used to create an effective pedalling bike that can be thrashed through technical terrain. The useable SAG range is also widened to allow riders to tune the suspension to the trails. Other key features include:
- All New Carbon chassis
- Designed and improved suspension kinematics
- Tube In Tube design for easy cable installation
- All new Geometry
- Optimised sizing/fit - Small to XXL
- SRAM UDH
- Now fits a 750ml water bottle inside the main front triangle!
The new Mega frame is optimised around the rider and weight distribution. The new geometry features dynamic saddle offset. Seat angles are optimised for each frame size and the seat tube itself is designed to take a longer dropper post if required.
Please Note: Due to severe delays in the bicycle supply chain, we have been forced to make some alterations to the specification of the component parts supplied with this bicycle. As a result the specification may differ from those shown in the images. Please refer to the specification table for accurate information.
- Enduro Bike
- Nukeproof T700/800 UD woven Carbon Fibre frame
- 160mm Rear travel
- Comes with 3D Contored rubber protection and clear paint protection kits
- Boost 148 Hub Spacing
- Sizes Available: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, XXL
ImagesRegular price £5,999.99 GBP (SRP) Save Liquid error (bike-product-template line 139): Computation results to '-Infinity'% Find a Dealer
|Frame||Nukeproof Mega V4 290 Carbon, 160mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD Carbon Fibre frame, internally piped cable routing, ISCG 05 mounts, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured Rubber frame protection and Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covering TT/DT/CS/SS.||Nukeproof Mega V4 290 Carbon, 160mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD Carbon Fibre frame, internally piped cable routing, ISCG 05 mounts, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured Rubber frame protection and Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covering TT/DT/CS/SS.||Nukeproof Mega V4 290 Carbon, 160mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD Carbon Fibre frame, internally piped cable routing, ISCG 05 mounts, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured Rubber frame protection and Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covering TT/DT/CS/SS.|
|Fork||Fox 36 Float, Performance Elite Series, Grip 2 Damper, 170mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Black (SHORT ID: D6F9)||Fox 38 Float, Factory Series, Kashima, Grip 2 Damper, 170mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Black (SHORT ID: D33L)||RockShox Zeb Ultimate Charger 2.1 RC2 170mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Grey|
|Shock||Fox Float X2, Performance Series, EVOL, 2 Position lever, Custom CL, RM, Rezi CM tune, 230x62.5mm, Bearing End, 2x 0.3 spacer fitted. (SHORT ID: D7JH)||Fox Float X2, Factory Series, Kashima, EVOL, 2 Position lever, Custom CL, RM, Rezi CM tune, 230x62.5mm, Bearing End, 2x 0.3 spacer fitted. (SHORT ID: D7JJ)||RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT, Custom LIN L1 HOTDOG S320 tune, 230x62.5mm, Bearing End, 2 bottomless tokens fitted.||Fox Float X2, Factory Series, Kashima, EVOL, 2 Position lever, Custom CL, RM, Rezi CM tune, 230x62.5mm, Bearing End, 2x 0.3 spacer fitted. (SHORT ID: D7JJ)|
|Front Wheel||DT Swiss E1900 SPLINE 29", 6 Bolt, 110x15mm||DT Swiss EX1700 SPLINE 30,29", 6 Bolt, 110x15mm||Mavic Deemax Pro Sam Hill, 29", 6 Bolt, 110x15mm|
|Rear Wheel||DT Swiss E1900 SPLINE 29", 6 Bolt, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm||DT Swiss EX1700 SPLINE 30, 29", 6 Bolt, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm||Mavic Deemax Pro Sam Hill, 29", 6 Bolt, XD Driver, 148x12mm|
|Tyres||Front: Michelin Wild Enduro 29" x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR, Rear: Michelin Wild Enduro 29" x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR||Front: Michelin Wild Enduro 29" x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR, Rear: Michelin Wild Enduro 29" x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR||Front: Michelin Wild Enduro 29" x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR, Rear: Michelin Wild Enduro 29" x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR|
|Crankset||Shimano SLX M7100 12-Speed, Hollowtech 2, 170mm, 30T, 52mm Chainline||Shimano XT M8100 12-Speed, Hollowtech 2, 170mm, 32T, 52mm Chainline||SRAM X1 Carbon Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 30T, B148, DUB|
|Shifter||Shimano SLX M7100-IR, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV||Shimano XT M8100-R, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV||SRAM XO1 Eagle 12-Speed, Red|
|Rear Deraileur||Shimano SLX M7100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus||Shimano XT M8100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus||SRAM X01Eagle 12-Speed, Red|
|Chain||Shimano SLX M7100 HG 12-speed Inc Quicklink||Shimano XT M8100 HG 12-speed Inc Quicklink||SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed|
|Cassette||Shimano SLX M7100-12, 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T||Shimano Deore M6100 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T||SRAM XO1 Eagle 12-Speed, CS PG1295 EAGLE 10-50T|
|Chain Guide||Nukeproof Guide, 28-36T, ISCG-05, black||Nukeproof Guide with Bash, 28-36T, ISCG-05, black||P 1x AMG V2, 32-38T, ISCG-05, black|
|Brakes||Shimano SLX M7120, 4 Pot Brake, Metallic Pads with Fins||Shimano XT M8120, 4 Pot Brake, Metallic Pads with Fins||SRAM Code RSC Sintered Pads|
|Front Rotor||203mm||203mm||SRAM Centreline, 200mm|
|Rear Rotor||180mm||180mm||SRAM Centreline, 180mm|
|Handlebars||Nukeproof Horizon V2 25mm Rise, Width - S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm, XXL800mm)||Nukeproof Horizon V2 25mm Rise, Width - S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm, XXL800mm)||Nukeproof Horizon V2 25mm Rise, Width - S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm, XXL800mm)|
|Stem||Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, Black||Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, Black||Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, Black|
|Saddle||Nukeproof Horizon Enduro, Black||Nukeproof Horizon Enduro, Black||Nukeproof Horizon Enduro, Black|
|Seatpost||Brand X Ascend internal w Shimano SL-MT500-IL Remote lever, S:125mm drop; M:150mm drop; L/XL/XXL:170mm drop||Bikeyoke Divine Stealth w Shimano SL-MT500-IL Remote lever, S:125mm Drop; M/L:160mm drop; XL/XXL:185mm drop||
|Headset||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS|
|Grips||Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature||Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature||Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature|
|Bearings||Enduro Bearings||Enduro Bearings||Enduro Bearings||Enduro Bearings|
|Weight(Size Medium)||14.7Kgs/32.3lbs (Tubeless)||14.8Kgs/32.6lbs (Tubeless)||14.4Kgs/31.8lbs (Tubeless)||3.82Kgs/8.4lbs (Medium)|
Geometry & Sizing
|(C) Effective Top Tube Length||567.7||592.71||610.87||632.79||654.71|
|(D) Seattube Length||380||410||440||470||500|
|(E) Effective Seattube Angle||77.5°||77.5°||78°||78°||78°|
|(F) Seattube Angle (Actual)||71°||71°||71.5°||71.5°||71.5°|
|(G) Saddle Height at Saddle Offset||650||700||750||800||850|
|(H) Saddle Offset at Saddle Height||142.22||158.59||166.66||181.58||196.49|
|(I) Headtube Length||100||100||120||130||140|
|(J) Headtube Angle||64°||64°||64°||64°||64°|
|(K) Chainstay Length||440||440||440||440||440|
|(L) Front Centre||758.5||783.5||812.11||836.42||860.72|
|(N) Bottom Bracket Drop||30||30||30||30||30|
|(O) Bottom Bracket Height||345||345||345||345||345|
|(P) Stand Over Height||725.16||724.41||722.92||730.78||736.07|
|(Q) Fork Travel||170||170||170||170||170|
|(S) Fork Offset||42||42||42||42||42|
|(T) Axle to Crown||582||582||582||582||582|
|(U) Maximum Seatpost Insert||250||250||255||274||293|
All dimensions in mm unless otherwise stated
- Frame Spec
- Industry Reviews
- Tech Docs
- Where can I buy Nukeproof Bikes?
- Nukeproof bikes, components and apparel is sold through an authorised dealer network. Check out our dealer locator for your local local stockist or preferred online store www.nukeproof.com/dealers
- Do your bikes come with Warranty?
- All Mega frames come with a 5 year frame warranty (Please visit www.nukeproof.com/warranty for full info). On top of that we also offer an extended 2-year warranty on all components excluding wear and tear items such as bearings, brake pads, chains & cassettes etc. Our Warranty policy applies to the original owner and processed by our authorised retail partners. To see their warranty process check: www.nukeproof.com/warranty
- Where can I demo a Nukeproof bike?
- We run numerous demo's through the year at major events and with our dealer network. Check out www.nukeproof.com/demo for when we may be near you. If this is unavailable to you, you can always request a demo through your local authorised stockist.
- What size bike do I need?
- All our products come with a size guide. This is designed as an indication of the size that may suit you. If you are still unsure speak with one of our dealers who will be happy to help you pick the right size and model for you.
- How does you bike range work?
- Our range is named based on specification level. Not every Bike Frame will have each specification level, but in order of price they run: Sport - Race - Comp - Pro - Elite- Factory/ST (Reactor Only) - RS
- Can I fit a coil shock to my Mega?
- Simple answer is yes, the Mega suspension curve will suit a coil shock if you want to run one. In recent years air shocks have come along way and we prefer the feel and performance of them (as do all our pro team) which is why we choose to fit air shocks to all our frames and bikes. Should you wish to buy a coil shock you will need a shock size: 230x62.5mm using 25x8mm (front) and 30x8mm (rear) hardware.
|Material:||Ultra Strong T700/800 Monocoque Carbon Fibre|
|Axle to Crown:||582mm|
|Max Tyre Size:||2.6"|
|Recommended Shock Sag (Measured seated):||30-35%|
|Shock Hardware F:||25x8mm|
|Shock Hardware R:||30x8mm|
|Headtube:||44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated|
|Headset:||ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8|
|Bearings Required:||4x F6802 LLU MAX, 4x 6902 LLU MAX, 2x F6902 LLU MAX-EA|
|Seatpost:||31.6mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)|
|BB:||Threaded 73mm BSA|
|Rear Hub:||Boost 148x12mm|
|Rear Axle:||Sram UDH Maxle Stealth M12x1.0 180mm (Thread Length 13mm)|
|Brake Mount:||180mm Direct Post|
|Protection:||3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS|