DAN BOOKERS CRANKWORX GIGA 297
Photos By Jay French
Taking the Giga to a Crankworx Downhill podium
Fresh from the podium at Crankworx Roturua, we take a look at Dan Booker's new Giga 297.
Dan's been on a New Zealand adventure on a break from being one of the head trail builders at Tasmania's Maydena. Traveling, surfing and clocking up some miles racing too. After piloting his Giga to a 2nd place finish at the Pheonix Enduro (with a huge crash) a couple of weeks ago, he headed to Roturua, New Zealand for Crankworx.
His bike is a seriously trick piece of kit, thanks mainly to his support from Sram, Australia and Nukeproof finishing kit. Like the rider that spotted Dan's talents and raised them to us at Nukeproof, he runs flat pedals.
You can follow Dan's Adventures over on his Instagram:
- FRAME: Size Large Giga 297
- FORK: Rockshox Zeb Ultimate (2 volume spacers 11 clicks Rebound)
- SHOCK: Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil 2 clicks of low speed compression/ 9 clicks of rebound)
- SPRING: 500lb
- DRIVETRAIN: Sram 12 speed X01 AXS
- CHAINRING: 32t Sram Eagle
- DROPPER: Sram Reverb AXS 170mm
- WHEELS: Industry Nine
- SADDLE: Size Large Giga 297
- HANDLEBARS: Nukeproof Sam Hill 780mm
- STEM: Nukeproof Horizon 50mm
- PEDALS: Nukeproof Horizon Sam Hill Enduro
- BRAKES: Sram Code RSC
- ROTORS: Sram Inline 200mm
- TYRES: Maxis Minion DHF II (23psi front/ 26psi rear)
- HEADSET: Nukeproof Horizon 44-56-iits
- GRIPS: Odi Elite Pro V2 Grips
Not just a pretty bike....
As well as his Giga, the super styling Aussie is also representing Nukeproof ridewear.
- JERSEY: Nukeproof Outland Dri-Release jersey
- SHORTS: Nukeproof Blackline Shorts
- SOCKS: Nukeproof Blackline Socks
- PROTECTION: 7idp
- HELMET: TLD D3
- GOGGLES: Oakley Airbrake
Dan is proudly supported by Sram Australia, Maydenna Bike Park and Nukeproof .