Nukeproof Cub Scout 14
Graduated from balance bikes and looking for your first pedal bike? At Nukeproof we know those first cranks of the pedals independently are one of life’s special moments, we're proud to be able to join you for this. The Cub Scout 14” is the next step in your mini shredder’s career and is suitable for ages 3+ (95-110cm). The Cub Scout 14" shares the DNA with its big brother, the infamous Scout as a true mountain bike.
Our team of discerning testers (our own children) have strict requirements such as single-speed gearing to keep things simple in those early pedalling days and short-reach brake levers (disc brakes), enabling even the smallest of hands to pull on the anchors when things get rowdy. The 14” is also stabiliser compatible if pedalling takes a little longer to master.
Standard throughout the whole Cub Scout range is our low standover height and saddle height adjuster, key to keeping the Cub Scout the weapon of choice for longer. As well as off-road tyres for maximum grip fitted on lightweight wheels to reduce sore legs.
Little hands and little feet call for components to suit. We’ve selected child-friendly components such as; Kids specific saddle and seat post and smaller kid-specific handlebars and grips as well as small platform pedals. As mountain bikers, we know having the all-important touchpoints dialled ensures comfort and confidence.
Updated Kids Specific Components:
Proper fit and function of components are essential for kids bikes because adult components are not optimised for smaller people. To ensure that these bikes fit and function perfectly, we took the time to test and develop our own or work with our partners to select the best kids-specific components we could find on the market.
Kids Specific Parts Include:
- Nukeproof Saddle, Grips & Handlebars
- Specific resized cranks
- Kids specific brake levers
- Custom double-butted Cub Scoot 14” Frame and Fork
- Low standover for maximum saddle height adjustment
- Easy 25x14T Singlespeed Gearing
- Short Reach Kids Specific Disc brakes for consistent performance
- One Piece Kids specific Saddle and Seatpost
- Lightweight wheel builds Front: 16H, Rear: 20H
- Specific Off-road tyres
ImagesRegular price £349.99 GBP (SRP) Save Liquid error (snippets/bike-product-template line 139): Computation results in '-Infinity'% Find a Dealer
|Frame||Cub-Scoot 14" 6061-T6 aluminium|
|Fork||Cub-Scoot 14" 6061-T6 aluminium|
|Drivetrain||Single speed with 25x14t gearing|
|Crankset||Samox crank 89mm, 25t, double chain guard|
|Wheels||F: 100x10mm female axle hub on 14" 16h rim R: 110x10mm female axle hub on 14" 20h rim|
|Tyres||Vee Rubber - 14x2.25" crown gem|
|Brakes||Tektro JL352-rs short reach lever on clarks mechanical caliper. rotors: f: 160mm r: 140mm|
|Saddle / Seatpost||Nukeproof one piece saddle and 27.2mmx260mm post|
|Handlebars||Nukeproof, 480mm wide, 25mm rise, 19mm dia grip area, 25.4mm clamp|
|Stem||Nukeproof - 40mm|
|Grips||19mm diameter close end grips|
|Pedals||Wellgo LU-968 9/16"|
Geometry & Sizing
|(C) Effective Top Tube Length||360.4|
|(D) Seattube Length||190|
|(E) Effective Seattube Angle||72.5|
|(F) Seattube Angle (Actual)||72.5|
|(I) Headtube Length||100|
|(J) Headtube Angle||67.5|
|(K) Chainstay Length||260|
|(L) Front Centre||421|
|(N) Bottom Bracket Drop||10|
|(O) Bottom Bracket Height||172|
|(P) Stand Over Height||380.15|
|(S) Fork Offset||30|
|(T) Axle to Crown||242|
|(U) Maximum Seatpost Insert||165|
*All dimensions in mm unless otherwise stated
- Frame Spec
- Tech Docs
- Where can I buy Nukeproof Bikes?
- Nukeproof bikes, components and apparel is sold through an authorised dealer network. Check out our dealer locator for your local local stockist or preferred online store www.nukeproof.com/dealers
- Do your bikes come with Warranty?
- All Cub Scout frames come with a 5 year frame warranty (Please visit www.nukeproof.com/warranty for full info). Components will follow the component manufacturer warranty policy. Our Warranty policy applies to the original owner and processed by our authorised retail partners. To see their warranty process check: www.nukeproof.com/warranty
- Where can I demo a Nukeproof bike?
- We run numerous demo's through the year at major events and with our dealer network. Check out www.nukeproof.com/demo for when we may be near you. If this is unavailable to you, you can always request a demo through your local authorised stockist.
- What size bike do I need?
- All our products come with a size guide. This is designed as an indication of the size that may suit you. If you are still unsure speak with one of our dealers who will be happy to help you pick the right size and model for you
- How does you bike range work?
- Our range is named based on specification level. Not every Bike Frame will have each specification level, but in order of price they run: Sport - Race - Comp - Pro - Elite- Factory/ST (Reactor Only) - RS
- Where can I buy touch up paint for my bike?
- Nukeproof have partnered up with paint specialist G-Paint to offer touch up paints for popular Nukeproof models. These can be bought direct from G-Paint's website HERE.
|Material||Hydroformed 6061 Double-Butted Aluminium|
|Axle to Crown||242mm|
|Max Tyre Size||2.3"|
|Headset||EX34-28.6 - T1 / EX34/30 - B1 (For Straight Steerer fork)|
|BB||Threaded 68mm BSA|
|Rear Hub||100x8mm 6 BOLT|
|Front Hub||110x8mm 6 BOLT|
|Brake Mount||IS MOUNT (FRONT AND REAR)|