Nukeproof Digger Factory Gravel Bike
What even is “gravel biking”? Some sort of 1990’s love child from a ménage à trois between a Mountain, cyclocross and road bike?
Well, the Digger has long been Nukeproof’s take on a gravel/ adventure/ drop bar bike that goes off road. What started during an (slightly) intoxicated conversation with Sam Hill in an Italian town, has ended up as a cult product in our range.
The Digger is designed as a do-it-all training bike, commuter bike and bike to just go out and explore with. The Nukeproof Digger offers something slightly different to some of the “true gravel bikes” in the market, it is designed and spec’ed with the soul of a mountain bike. Slightly more gravity focused geometry, wide bars, dropper posts and 1x drivetrain. The New Digger has been totally redesigned, more confidence inspiring on technical descents and to be more versatile on long adventures.
The 6061-T6 frame has been completely redesigned, all new tube profiles have been engineered to make the Digger stronger to ensure reliability on those back country epics. The frame is 2 degrees slacker in the head angle and reach is increased by 20mm across all sizes. This allows for the use of shorter stems improving rider confidence and control in the corners (and keep it more MTB). The frame is also designed around fitting an aggressive 200-45c tyre and still have 7mm of clearance for even the filthiest of rides.
Nukeproof have also reengineered the fork to use T800 UD carbon, this offers a much stiffer and direct ride again enhancing the handling, whilst also soothing out trail chatter. The seat posts are also designed to be shorter allowing for longer dropper posts (the Digger now takes a 31.6mm dropper so benefiting from a huge variety of MTB droppers available if fitting post purchase)
Increased usability for adventure was a key factor in the re-design. Nukeproof have engineered in Pannier & rack mounts, gear accessories mounts, fork bag mounting points, x2 water bottle mounts and mud guard/ fender points all help make the Digger ready for any multi day/ week adventure.
So in summary, what is new about the Digger? Everything.
Features & Updates:
- The all-new frame is manufactured from hydroformed 6060-T6 Triple Butted aluminium, light yet strong and stiff yet compliant in the right areas.
- Lightweight high modulus T700 HM-UD carbon fork with a tapered steerer ensures compliance over rough terrain and lateral stiffness in the corners.
- Shorter seat tubes designed for internally routed Dropper seatposts for ultimate confidence when the trails get technical.
- User friendly internal cable routing with anti-rattle foam for a clean look.
- Plenty of mud clearance and a rear triangle that allows up to 700cx45c or 650bx47c tyres.
- 1x Specific for modern gravel/adventure drive trains
- 12x100mm front and 12x142mm rear bolt through for stiffness.
- Pannier Mounts for commuting or bringing your gear for overnight adventure rides.
- Fender Mounts.
- Gear accessory mount on top of top tube.
- Threaded 68mm Bottom Bracket.
- 3D Contoured Rubber frame protection for chain stay.
- Max chainring size is 40T (38T Oval)
- Flat Mount Brake Mounts
ImagesRegular price £2,999.99 GBP (SRP) Save Liquid error (bike-product-template line 139): Computation results in '-Infinity'% Find a Dealer
|Frame||Digger V3 Triple Butted Hydroformed Alloy||Digger V3 Triple Butted Hydroformed Alloy||Digger V3 Triple Butted Hydroformed Alloy|
|Fork||Digger Carbon||Digger Carbon||Rockshox Rudy Ultimate XPLR, 30mm Travel, 45mm offset|
|Front Wheel||Nukeproof Neutron V2 hub, 12x100mm with a 700c WTB STi25 TCS 32H Rim||DT Swiss G1800 SPLINE 25, 700c, 12x100mm||DT Swiss GR 1600 Spline 25, 700c, 12x100mm, Center-Lock|
|Rear Wheel||Nukeproof Neutron V2 hub, 142x12mm (Shimano freehub) with a 700c WTB STi25 TCS 32H Rim||DT Swiss G1800 SPLINE 25, 700c, Shimano freehub, 142x12mm||DT Swiss GR 1600 Spline 25, 700c 12x142mm, Center-Lock, HG Freehub|
|Tyres||Schwalbe G-One BITE, 700x45c, ADDIX Speed Grip, Tubeless Compatible||Schwalbe G-One BITE, 700x45c, ADDIX Speed Grip, Tubeless Compatible||Schwalbe G-One BITE, 700x45c, ADDIX Speed Grip, Tubeless Compatible|
|Crankset||Shimano RX-600, GRX, 1x 11 Speed, 170mm, 40T||Shimano RX-810, GRX, 1x 11 Speed, 170mm, 40T||SRAM Rival 1, 170mm, 40T|
|Shifter||Shimano GRX RX-600||Shimano GRX RX-810||SRAM Rival|
|Rear Deraileur||GRX, RD-RX812, 11 Speed, Shadow Plus||GRX, RD-RX812, 11 Speed, Shadow Plus||SRAM Rival 1 Long Cage|
|Chain||KMC X11 11-Speed, Anti-rust with Quick Link||KMC X11 11-Speed, Anti-rust with Quick Link||Sram PC1110 with Power Lock|
|Cassette||Shimano CS-M7000 SLX 11 Speed, 11-42T||Shimano CS-M8000 XT 11 Speed, 11-42T||Sram PG1130 11 Speed, 11-42T|
|Brakes||RX-400 Flatmount||RX-810 Flatmount||SRAM Rival Flatmount Callipers|
|Front Rotor||Shimano RT66, 160mm||Shimano RT800, 160mm||SRAM Paceline, 160mm, Center-Lock|
|Rear Rotor||Shimano RT66, 160mm||Shimano RT800, 160mm||SRAM Paceline, 160mm, Center-Lock|
|Handlebars||Non-Series AL-6061 S/M/L:460mm; XL:500mm||Non-Series AL-6061 S/M/L:460mm; XL:500mm||Non-Series AL-6061 S/M/L:460mm; XL:500mm|
|Stem||Non-Series 6061, 7 Deg, 60mm, 31.8mm||Nukeproof Horizon 60mm, 31.8mm||Nukeproof Horizon, 60mm, 31.8mm|
|Saddle||Nukeproof Trail Saddle||Nukeproof Trail Saddle||Nukeproof Trail Saddle|
|Seatpost||Nukeproof Neutron Inline, Black, 31.6mm, 400mm||Brand X Ascend internal, 125mm drop, 31.6mm, Dropper lever integrated into GRX RX-810 Brake Lever||Brand-X Ascend, 125mm drop, 31.6mm|
|Headset||Nukeproof Warhead Internal, IS42-28.6 - IS52/40||Nukeproof Warhead Internal, IS42-28.6 - IS52/41||Nukeproof Warhead Internal, IS42-28.6 - IS52/42|
|Grips||Black Cork Cushion Tape with Gel||Black Cork Cushion Tape with Gel||Black Cork Cushion Tape with Gel|
|Weight: (Size Medium)||10kg Medium Tubeless||10.62kg Medium Tubeless||11.01kg Medium Tubeless|
Geometry & Sizing
|(C) Effective Top Tube Length||560||580||610||630|
|(D) Seattube Length||460||480||500||520|
|(E) Effective Seattube Angle||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|(F) Seattube Angle (Actual)||74°||74°||74°||74°|
|(G) Saddle Height at Saddle Offset||650||700||750||800|
|(H) Saddle Offset at Saddle Height||179.16||192.95||206.73||220.51|
|(I) Headtube Length||130||150||170||190|
|(J) Headtube Angle||69°||69°||69°||69°|
|(K) Chainstay Length||430||430||430||430|
|(L) Front Centre||641.1||662.8||694.4||716.1|
|(N) Bottom Bracket Drop||-70||-70||-70||-70|
|(O) Bottom Bracket Height||*279.75/288.5||*279.75/288.5||*279.75/288.5||*279.75/288.5|
|(P) Stand Over Height||650b-729.66 / 700c-738.41||650b-748.79 / 700c-757.54||650b-767.46 / 700c-776.21||650b-786.34 / 700c-795.09|
|(Q) Fork Travel||-||-||-||-|
|(R) Trail||(650b-82.84 / 700c-86.2)||(650b-82.84 / 700c-86.2)||(650b-82.84 / 700c-86.2)||(650b-82.84 / 700c-86.2)|
|(S) Fork Offset||48||48||48||48|
|(T) Axle to Crown||395||395||395||395|
|(U) Maximum Seatpost Insert||240||260||280||300|
*All dimensions in mm unless otherwise stated
- Frame Spec
- Tech Docs
- Where can I buy Nukeproof Bikes?
- Nukeproof bikes, components and apparel is sold through an authorised dealer network. Check out our dealer locator for your local local stockist or preferred online store www.nukeproof.com/dealers
- Do your bikes come with Warranty?
- All Digger frames come with a 5 year frame warranty (Please visit www.nukeproof.com/warranty for full info). On top of that we also offer an extended 2-year warranty on all components excluding wear and tear items such as bearings, brake pads, chains & cassettes etc. Our Warranty policy applies to the original owner and processed by our authorised retail partners. To see their warranty process check: www.nukeproof.com/warranty
- Where can I demo a Nukeproof bike?
- We run numerous demo's through the year at major events and with our dealer network. Check out www.nukeproof.com/demo for when we may be near you. If this is unavailable to you, you can always request a demo through your local authorised stockist.
- What size bike do I need?
- All our products come with a size guide. This is designed as an indication of the size that may suit you. If you are still unsure speak with one of our dealers who will be happy to help you pick the right size and model for you
- How does you bike range work?
- Our range is named based on specification level. Not every Bike Frame will have each specification level, but in order of price they run: Sport - Race - Comp - Pro - Elite- Factory/ST (Reactor Only) - RS
|Material||6060-T6 Triple Butted Aluminium Alloy|
|Axle to Crown||395mm/425mm(RS)|
|Max Tyre Size||700Cx45C / 650Bx47C (700x40C WITH MUDGUARDS)|
|Headtube||IS42-28.6 Top - IS52.1/40 Bottom|
|BB||Threaded 68mm BSA|
|Hubs||100x12mm Front /142x12mm Rear|
|Axles||M12*P1.5*120L Front / M12-142*P1.5*161L Rear|
|Brake Mount||Flat Mount|
|Protection||3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for CS|