Nukeproof Neutron V2 Rear Wheel 36t
This MTB rear wheel has been completely redesigned from the ground up and gives riders incredibly fast and smooth rolling performance on every ride. It features 36 points of engagement and comes in a range of freehub options. Nukeproof has also made freehubs available separately and easy to change if you choose to upgrade your drivetrain in the future.
The 142mm hub can be converted to 135mm QR and the 148mm hub can be converted to 141mm using end caps. The hub has been machined to remove excess material and make it as strong and light as possible. Nukeproof have increased the thickness of pawl springs in these hubs to give secure engagement on every pedal stroke.
The 6066 alloy rim has been extensively to ensure it is a rim which is light enough for aggressive trail riding but strong enough for DH.
Nukeproof have used J-Bend spokes meaning tensioning and spoke replacement is much simpler than using a straight pull spoke.
The wheels come taped with tubeless valve installed so all you need to do is add sealant and your tyre to get a finished tubeless setup. The valve supplied is Nukeproof's Horizon valve which also has a core remover built into the cap. This valve is also compatible with tyre inserts like Nukeproof ARD.
Spoke length’s on the front wheels are the same regardless of spacing, the length changes with wheel size:
|Wheel Size||Spacing||Non Driveside Spoke Length||Driveside Spoke Length|
|27.5"||142mm / 148mm x 12mm||274||272|
|27.5"||150mm / 157mm x 12mm||274||273|
|29"||142mm / 148mm x 12mm||292||290|
|29"||150mm / 157mm x 12mm||292||291|
Conversion kits and replacement end caps available separately
|Caps||Nukeproof Part Number||Replacement or Conversion|
|Rear 135mm QR||NUKHORV2R135CAPS||Convert Non Boost 142mm hub to QR|
|Rear 141mm||NUKHORV2R141BCAPS||Convert Boost 148mm hub to 141mm QR|
|NUKHORV2R148CAPS||Replacement caps for 142mm, 148mm and 157mm|
|Rear 150mm||NUKHORV2R150CAPS||Replacement 150mm caps|
Full range of spare parts available.
- Rim Material: 6066 Alloy
- Use: MTB, Trail, All Mountain, Enduro and DH
- Wheel Size: 27.5" or 29" options available
- Spacing Options: 142x12mm, 148x12mm, 150/157x12mm
- Conversion Options: 142x12mm can be converted to 135mm QR; 148x12mm can be converted to 141mm Boost with end caps (sold separately)
- Rear Hub Engagement: 36 points of engagement (every 10°)
- Freehub Options: Shimano HG, Shimano Microspline or SRAM XD
- Spoke Type: J-Bend
- Spoke Count: 32
- Lacing Pattern: 3x
- Disc Mount: 6-bolt
- Inner Rim Width: 28mm
- External Rim Width: 32mm
- Rim Height: 18mm
- Tubeless Ready: Yes – Pretaped and valve supplied
- Single or Pair: Single
- Build: Handbuilt
- Weight: 15mm Boost Front: 905g including valve & tape; 148mm Boost HG Rear: 1045g including valve and tape
- Industry Reviews
- Tech Docs
- Horizon V2 / Neutron V2 Catalogue
- Horizon V2 / Neutron V2 Hub Technical Drawings & Spoke Length Charts
- Strip Horizon / Neutron V2 Hub
- Rebuild Horizon / Neutron V2 Hub
- Horizon / Neutron Complete Rear Hub Service
- 15mm Front Neutron / Horizon bearing change
- Convert or remove & refit your Neutron / Horizon v2 freehub
- Convert Neutron HG / XD 148mm Hub to Microspline
- Change your hub spacing with end caps (including compatibility chart)