Nukeproof Cub Scout 26 2022
Taking inspiration from our award-winning Scout adult hardtail range, the Cub-Scout 26” has been designed from the ground-up as a proper hard hitting hardtail mountain bike. It has been designed to allow the next generation of riders learn the ropes of riding, inspire confidence on the trails and act as the perfect platform for progression. Developed and tested with the help of in house test team (our own children), we have created a class leading lightweight hardtail to inspire and nurture the next generation of World Cup or EWS racers!
The range of Cub-Scout Hardtails are available in 20”, 24” or 26” options; meaning that there should be a bike for all sizes from aged 5 and up. Each bike features a lightweight custom butted 6061 Alloy frameset with bang up to date long, low and slack geometry.
Updated Size Specific Components:
Proper fit and function of components is essential for smaller bikes because adult components are often not optimised for smaller people. To ensure that these bikes fit and function perfectly, we took the time to test and develop our own or work with our partners to select the best kids-specific components we could find on the market.
Youth Specific Parts Include:
- Nukeproof Urchin Saddle, Grips & Handlebars
- Custom tuned forks for young rippers
- Specific resized cranks
- Shorter brake levers for improved control and power
Please Note: Due to severe delays in the bicycle supply chain, we have been forced to make some alterations to the specification of the component parts supplied with this bicycle. As a result the specification may differ from those shown in the images. Please refer to the specification table for accurate information.
- Hydroformed 6061 Triple-Butted Aluminium
- Small person optimisation componentry
- Sizes Available: 26"
ImagesRegular price £1,199.99 GBP (SRP) Save Liquid error (snippets/bike-product-template line 139): Computation results in '-Infinity'% Find a Dealer
|Frame||Nukeproof Cub-Scout 26”, custom butted hydro-formed 6061 Alloy, internal cable routing for dropper seat post, threaded bottom bracket, 142mm Bolt-thru rear axle spacing||Nukeproof Cub-Scout 26”, custom butted hydro-formed 6061 Alloy, internal cable routing for dropper seat post, threaded bottom bracket, 142mm Bolt-thru rear axle spacing|
|Fork||X-Fusion RC32 120mm 27.5” Air Suspension forks, 1.5” Tapered Steerer, 46mm Offset, 15x110mm Bolt-thru Axle||Manitou Markhor 27.5” TS Air, 120mm Travel, Custom Kids tune, 1.5 Tapered Steerer, 51mm Offset, BOOST 15x110mm Bolt-thru Axle|
|Front Wheel||Joytec D041-B15 15x110mm BOOST hub on WTB STi30 26" TCS Rim||Nukeproof Neutron 15x110mm BOOST hub on WTB STi30 26" TCS Rim|
|Rear Wheel||Joytec D952TSE-X12 12x142mm hub on WTB STi30 26" TCS Rim||Nukeproof Neutron 12x142mm hub on WTB STi30 26" TCS Rim|
|Tyres||Front & Rear: Maxxis Minion DHF 26" x 2.5” EXO TR (Tubeless Ready)||Front & Rear: Maxxis Minion DHF 26" x 2.5” EXO TR (Tubeless Ready)|
|Crankset||Samox TAF38J 2 Piece Crank 160mm, 32T, BCD 104||Samox TAF38J 2 Piece Crank 160mm, 32T, BCD 104|
|Shifter||BOX FOUR 8-Speed||Shimano M4100 Deore Rapidfire 10-Speed|
|Rear Deraileur||BOX FOUR 8-Speed short cage with clutch||Shimano M5120 Deore, Shadow Plus, 10-Speed|
|Chain||BOX FOUR 8-Speed||KMC X10-1 10-Speed, with Quick Link|
|Cassette||Sunrace CSMS2 8-Speed, 11-42T||Sunrace CSMS2 10-Speed, 11-46T|
|Brakes||Clarkes Clout Kids Specific Hydraulic Brakes||Clarkes Clout Kids Specific Hydraulic Brakes|
|Front Rotor||Clarkes, 160mm||Clarkes, 160mm|
|Rear Rotor||Clarkes, 160mm||Clarkes, 160mm|
|Handlebars||Nukeproof Urchin 700mm Wide, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp||Nukeproof Urchin 700mm Wide, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp|
|Stem||50mm, black||Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black|
|Saddle||Nukeproof Urchin, Black||Nukeproof Urchin, Black|
|Seatpost||Nukeproof Urchin, Black, 27.2mm, 300mm Long, 0 Offset||Nukeproof Urchin, Black, 27.2mm, 300mm Long, 0 Offset|
|Headset||Nukeproof Warhead, ZS44-ZS56||Nukeproof Warhead, ZS44-56|
|Grips||Nukeproof Urchin Single Clamp lock on, 132mm Long, Soft Compound||Nukeproof Urchin Single Clamp lock on, 132mm Long, Soft Compound|
Geometry & Sizing
|(C) Effective Top Tube Length||459
|(D) Seattube Length||265||320||360|
|(E) Effective Seattube Angle||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|(F) Seattube Angle (Actual)||72.5°
|(G) Saddle Height at Saddle Offset||420||460||510|
|(H) Saddle Offset at Saddle Height||126.3||150.35||151.24|
|(I) Headtube Length||100||100||100|
|(J) Headtube Angle||66.5°
|(K) Chainstay Length||355||405||420|
|(L) Front Centre||541||592||661|
|(N) Bottom Bracket Drop||-35
|(O) Bottom Bracket Height||240
|(P) Stand Over Height||518.6||616.4||655.5|
|(Q) Fork Travel||80||100||120|
|(S) Fork Offset||38||38||46|
|(T) Axle to Crown||385
|(U) Maximum Seatpost Insert||200||220||260|
*All dimensions in mm unless otherwise stated
- Frame Spec
- Tech Docs
- Where can I buy Nukeproof Bikes?
- Nukeproof bikes, components and apparel is sold through an authorised dealer network. Check out our dealer locator for your local local stockist or preferred online store www.nukeproof.com/dealers
- Do your bikes come with Warranty?
- All Cub Scout frames come with a 5 year frame warranty (Please visit www.nukeproof.com/warranty for full info). Components will follow the component manufacturer warranty policy. Our Warranty policy applies to the original owner and processed by our authorised retail partners. To see their warranty process check: www.nukeproof.com/warranty
- Where can I demo a Nukeproof bike?
- We run numerous demo's through the year at major events and with our dealer network. Check out www.nukeproof.com/demo for when we may be near you. If this is unavailable to you, you can always request a demo through your local authorised stockist.
- What size bike do I need?
- All our products come with a size guide. This is designed as an indication of the size that may suit you. If you are still unsure speak with one of our dealers who will be happy to help you pick the right size and model for you
- How does you bike range work?
- Our range is named based on specification level. Not every Bike Frame will have each specification level, but in order of price they run: Sport - Race - Comp - Pro - Elite- Factory/ST (Reactor Only) - RS
- Where can I buy touch up paint for my bike?
- Nukeproof have partnered up with paint specialist G-Paint to offer touch up paints for popular Nukeproof models. These can be bought direct from G-Paint's website HERE.
|Material:||Hydroformed 6061 Triple-Butted Aluminium|
|Axle to Crown:||514mm|
|Max Tyre Size:||2.6"|
|Headtube:||44mm / 56mm Semi-Integrated|
|Headset:||ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8 (For Tapered fork)|
|Seatpost:||27.2mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)|
|BB:||Threaded 68mm BSA|
|Rear Axle:||M12*1.5 Thread x168mm (Thread Length 17mm)|
|Max Chainring Size:||32T/30T Oval|
|Brake Mount:||160mm Direct Post|
|Protection:||Kevlar Chainstay Protector|