Nukeproof Mega 297 Carbon 2021
For over 10 years, our best-selling model; the Mega has been racking up awards on Enduro stages and in the press around the world. With 4 Enduro World Series titles to its name, the Mega has become an icon that is synonymous with racing. However, we never rest on our laurels and 2021 sees the introduction of the 4th generation Mega, now in a 297 offering.
Since 2009 the Nukeproof Mega has been on a constant development to meet the demands of our riders and customers alike. This has resulted in the launch of the Mega 297.
The pursuit for performance is endless. Developed in conjunction with our elite athletes, the Mega is now available in a mixed (MX) wheel size platform. The Mega 297 is a seriously capable machine, paring a 29” wheel up front with a 27.5” wheel out back. Why two sized wheels? The 29” wheel up front to maximise grip and rolling efficiency whilst the 27.5” wheel out back, ensures nimble handling for manoeuvrability and extra clearance for riders when leaning off the back of the bike.
To optimise the weight, strength and stiffness, the Mega Carbon frame features a T700/800 UD woven carbon fibre frameset (Front and rear Triangle). The new carbon swingarms helps reduce the unsprung weight on the rear of the bike. All forged part are made from 6061-T6 Aluminium.
After winning 4 Enduro World Series Titles in 3 years the all new design is an evolution of our ultimate Enduro bike. At the heart of the frame is all new suspension Kinematics, designed to be more subtle off the top, whilst remaining progressive and predictable. Anti-Squat is used to create an effective pedalling bike that can be thrashed through technical terrain. The useable SAG range is also widened to allow riders to tune the suspension to the trails. Other key features include:
- Front 29”/Rear 27.5” MX wheel size platform
- Improved suspension kinematics
- Tube-In-Tube design for easy cable installation
- All new Geometry
- SRAM UDH
- Room for a 750ml water bottle inside the main front triangle
The new Mega frame geometry features dynamic saddle offset which is designed to optimise seated rider weight distribution on each frame size. This is achieved through seat angle which are bespoke to each frame size. In addition, the actual seat tube is designed to be shorter overall with a bigger maximum insert depth so as to allow a longer dropper post if required.
- Enduro Bike
- Nukeproof T700/800 UD woven Carbon Fibre frame
- 165mm Rear travel
- Comes with 3D Contored rubber protection and clear paint protection kits
- Boost 148 Hub Spacing
- Sizes Available: Small, Medium, Large
ImagesRegular price £5,999.99 GBP (SRP) Save Liquid error (bike-product-template line 139): Computation results in '-Infinity'% Find a Dealer
|Mega 297 MX||Mega 297c Frame Only|
|Frame||Ultra Strong T700/800 Monocoque Carbon Fibre||Ultra Strong T700/800 Monocoque Carbon Fibre|
|Fork||Fox 38 Float, Factory Series, Kashima, Grip 2 Damper, 170mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Black (SHORT ID: D33L)|
|Shock||Fox Float X2, Factory Series, Kashima, EVOL, 2 Position lever, Custom CL, RM, Rezi CM tune, 230x62.5mm, Bearing End, 2x 0.3 spacer fitted. (SHORT ID: D7JJ)||Fox Float X2, Factory Series, Kashima, EVOL, 2 Position lever, Custom CL, RM, Rezi CM tune, 230x62.5mm, Bearing End, 2x 0.3 spacer fitted. (SHORT ID: D7JJ)|
|Front Wheel||Nukeproof Horizon V2 29", 6 Bolt, 110x15mm|
|Rear Wheel||Nukeproof Horizon V2 27.5", 6 Bolt, Shimano XD Driver, 148x12mm|
|Tyres||Front: Maxxis Assegai 3C MAXXGRIP/DD/TR 29” x 2.5WT, Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 3C MAXXTERRA/DD/TR 27.5” x 2.4WT|
|Crankset||SRAM Descendant Carbon Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 32T, B148, DUB|
|Shifter||SRAM XO1 Eagle 12-Speed, Black|
|Rear Deraileur||SRAM XO1 Eagle 12-Speed, Black|
|Chain||SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed|
|Cassette||SRAM XO1 Eagle 12-Speed, CS XG1295 EAGLE 10-52T|
|Chain Guide||Nukeproof Guide with Bash, 28-36T, ISCG-05, black|
|Brakes||SRAM Code RSC, Sintered pads|
|Front Rotor||SRAM Centreline, 200mm|
|Rear Rotor||SRAM Centreline, 200mm|
|Handlebars||Nukeproof Horizon V2 25mm Rise, Width - S780mm, M780mm, L800mm)|
|Stem||Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, Black|
|Seatpost||RockShox Reverb Stealth with 1x Remote, 31.6mm; S: 346mm length, 125mm drop; M: 409mm length, 150mm drop; L: 462mm length, 175mm drop.|
|Headset||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS|
|Grips||Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature|
|Weight: (Size Medium)||15.53Kgs/34.23lbs (Tubeless)||3.82Kgs/8.4lbs (Medium)|
Geometry & Sizing
|(C) Effective Top Tube Length||567.71||592.71||610.87|
|(D) Seattube Length||380||410||440|
|(E) Effective Seattube Angle||77.5°||77.5°||78°|
|(F) Seattube Angle (Actual)||71°||71°||71.5°|
|(G) Saddle Height at Saddle Offset||650||700||750|
|(H) Saddle Offset at Saddle Height||142.22||158.59||166.66|
|(I) Headtube Length||100||100||120|
|(J) Headtube Angle||64°||64°||64°|
|(K) Chainstay Length||435||435||435|
|(L) Front Centre||758.5||783.5||812.11|
|(N) Bottom Bracket Drop||30/10||30/10||30/10|
|(O) Bottom Bracket Height||345||345||345|
|(P) Stand Over Height||721.75/725.16||720.28/724.41||721.3/722.92|
|(Q) Fork Travel||170||170||170|
|(S) Fork Offset||42||42||42|
|(T) Axle to Crown||584||584||584|
|(U) Maximum Seatpost Insert||216/250mm||245/250mm||270/255mm|
*All dimensions in mm unless otherwise stated
- Frame Spec
- Tech Docs
- Where can I buy Nukeproof Bikes?
- Nukeproof bikes, components and apparel is sold through an authorised dealer network. Check out our dealer locator for your local local stockist or preferred online store www.nukeproof.com/dealers
- Do your bikes come with Warranty?
- All Mega frames come with a 5 year frame warranty (Please visit www.nukeproof.com/warranty for full info). On top of that we also offer an extended 2-year warranty on all components excluding wear and tear items such as bearings, brake pads, chains & cassettes etc. Our Warranty policy applies to the original owner and processed by our authorised retail partners. To see their warranty process check: www.nukeproof.com/warranty
- Where can I demo a Nukeproof bike?
- We run numerous demo's through the year at major events and with our dealer network. Check out www.nukeproof.com/demo for when we may be near you. If this is unavailable to you, you can always request a demo through your local authorised stockist.
- What size bike do I need?
- All our products come with a size guide. This is designed as an indication of the size that may suit you. If you are still unsure speak with one of our dealers who will be happy to help you pick the right size and model for you.
- How does you bike range work?
- Our range is named based on specification level. Not every Bike Frame will have each specification level, but in order of price they run: Sport - Race - Comp - Pro - Elite- Factory/ST (Reactor Only) - RS
|Material:||Ultra Strong T700/800 Monocoque Carbon Fibre|
|Axle to Crown:||584mm|
|Wheels Size:||29" Front / 27.5" Rear|
|Max Tyre Size:||2.6"|
|Recommended Shock Sag (Measured seated):||30-35%|
|Shock Hardware F:||25x8mm|
|Shock Hardware R:||30x8mm|
|Headtube:||44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated|
|Headset:||ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8|
|Bearings Required:||4x F6802 LLU MAX, 4x 6902 LLU MAX, 2x F6902 LLU MAX-EA|
|Seatpost:||31.6mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)|
|BB:||Threaded 73mm BSA|
|Rear Hub:||Boost 148x12mm|
|Rear Axle:||SRAM UDH Maxle Stealth M12x1.0 180mm (Thread Length 13mm)|
|Max Chainring Size||36T/34T Oval|
|Brake Mount:||180mm Direct Post|
|Protection:||3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS|
- 2021 Mega Carbon exploded diagram with torque settings
- 2021 Mega Alloy exploded diagram with torque settings
- How to convert your Nukeproof bike to tubeless
- 2021 Mega MX Fitting Guide
- Fast Shock Recommended Base Settings
- Push Shock Recommended Base Settings
- EXT Shock Recommended Base Settings
- General Bike Manual