Nukeproof Cub Scout 24
The Cub-Scout 24” is not just another kids bike: taking inspiration from our award-winning Scout adult hardtail range, the Cub-Scout 24” has been designed from the ground-up as a proper mini-hardtail mountain bike. It has been designed to allow kids to learn the ropes of riding, inspire confidence on the trails and act as the perfect platform for progression. Developed and tested with the help of our own children, we have created a class leading lightweight kids bike range to inspire and nurture budding future World Cup or EWS winners!
The range of Cub-Scout Hardtails are available in 20”, 24” or 26” options; meaning that there should be a bike to suit kids of all sizes from aged 5 and up. Each bike features a lightweight custom butted 6061 Alloy frameset with bang up to date long, low and slack kids specific geometry.
Updated Kids Specific Components:
Proper fit and function of components is essential for kids bikes because adult components are not optimised for smaller people. To ensure that these bikes fit and function perfectly, we took the time to test and develop our own or work with our partners to select the best kids-specific components we could find on the market.
Kids specific parts include:
- Nukeproof Urchin Saddle, Grips & Handlebars
- Custom tuned forks for young rippers
- Specific resized cranks
- Kids specific brake levers
Please Note: Due to severe delays in the bicycle supply chain, we have been forced to make some alterations to the specification of the component parts supplied with this bicycle. As a result the specification may differ from those shown in the images. Please refer to the specification table for accurate information.
- Kids Hardtail
- Hydroformed 6061 Triple-Butted Aluminium
- Small person optimisation- kids specific componentry
- Sizes Avaliable: 24"
ImagesRegular price £1,199.99 GBP (SRP) Save Liquid error (bike-product-template line 139): Computation results in '-Infinity'% Find a Dealer
|Frame||Nukeproof Cub-Scout 24”, custom butted hydro-formed 6061 Alloy, internal cable routing for dropper seat posts, threaded bottom bracket, 142mm Bolt-thru rear axle spacing||Nukeproof Cub-Scout 24”, custom butted hydro-formed 6061 Alloy, internal cable routing for dropper seat posts, threaded bottom bracket, 142mm Bolt-thru rear axle spacing|
|Fork||RST First 24-15 100mm Travel Air Suspension forks, 1 1/8" Steerer, 38mm Offset, 15x100mm Bolt-thru Axle||Manitou Machete JUNIT 24in Expert Air, 100mm Travel, 1.5" Tapered Steerer, 42mm Offset, BOOST 15x110mm Bolt-thru Axle|
|Front Wheel||Joytec D041-15 15x100mm hub on WTB STi30 24" TCS Rim||Nukeproof Neutron 15x110mm hub on WTB STi30 24" TCS Rim|
|Rear Wheel||Joytec D952TSE-X12 12x142mm hub on WTB STi30 24" TCS Rim||Nukeproof Neutron 12x142mm hub on WTB STi30 24" TCS Rim|
|Tyres||Front & Rear: Maxxis Minion DHF 24" x 2.4”, EXO TR||Front & Rear: Maxxis Minion DHF 24" x 2.4”, EXO TR|
|Crankset||Samox TAF38J 2 Piece Crank 152mm, 32T, BCD 104mm||Samox TAF38J 2 Piece Crank 152mm, 32T, BCD 104mm|
|Shifter||BOX FOUR 8-Speed||Shimano M4100 Deore Rapidfire 10-Speed|
|Rear Deraileur||BOX FOUR 8-Speed short cage with clutch||Shimano M5120 Deore, Shadow Plus, 10-Speed|
|Chain||BOX FOUR 8-Speed||KMC X10-1 10-Speed, with Quick Link|
|Cassette||Sunrace CSMS2 8-Speed, 11-46T||Sunrace CSMS2 10-Speed, 11-46T|
|Brakes||Clarkes Clout Kids Specific Hydraulic Brakes||Clarkes Clout Kids Specific Hydraulic Brakes|
|Front Rotor||Clarkes, 160mm||Clarkes, 160mm|
|Rear Rotor||Clarkes, 160mm||Clarkes, 160mm|
|Handlebars||Nukeproof Urchin 640mm Wide, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp||Nukeproof Urchin 640mm Wide, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp|
|Stem||50mm, black||Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black|
|Saddle||Nukeproof Urchin, Black||Nukeproof Urchin, Black|
|Seatpost||Nukeproof Urchin, Black, 27.2mm, 300mm Long, 0 Offset||Nukeproof Urchin, Black, 27.2mm, 300mm Long, 0 Offset|
|Headset||Nukeproof Warhead, 44-44 IETS||Nukeproof Warhead, 44-44 IETS|
|Grips||Nukeproof Urchin Single Clamp lock on, 115mm Long, Soft Compound||Nukeproof Urchin Single Clamp lock on, 115mm Long, Soft Compound|
Geometry & Sizing
|(C) Effective Top Tube Length||459
|(D) Seattube Length||265||320||360|
|(E) Effective Seattube Angle||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|(F) Seattube Angle (Actual)||72.5°
|(G) Saddle Height at Saddle Offset||420||460||510|
|(H) Saddle Offset at Saddle Height||126.3||150.35||151.24|
|(I) Headtube Length||100||100||100|
|(J) Headtube Angle||66.5°
|(K) Chainstay Length||355||405||420|
|(L) Front Centre||541||592||661|
|(N) Bottom Bracket Drop||-35
|(O) Bottom Bracket Height||240
|(P) Stand Over Height||518.6||616.4||655.5|
|(Q) Fork Travel||80||100||120|
|(S) Fork Offset||38||38||46|
|(T) Axle to Crown||385
|(U) Maximum Seatpost Insert||200||220||260|
*All dimensions in mm unless otherwise stated
- Frame Spec
- Tech Docs
- Where can I buy Nukeproof Bikes?
- Nukeproof bikes, components and apparel is sold through an authorised dealer network. Check out our dealer locator for your local local stockist or preferred online store www.nukeproof.com/dealers
- Do your bikes come with Warranty?
- All Cub Scout frames come with a 5 year frame warranty (Please visit www.nukeproof.com/warranty for full info). On top of that we also offer an extended 2-year warranty on all components excluding wear and tear items such as bearings, brake pads, chains & cassettes etc. Our Warranty policy applies to the original owner and processed by our authorised retail partners. To see their warranty process check: www.nukeproof.com/warranty
- Where can I demo a Nukeproof bike?
- We run numerous demo's through the year at major events and with our dealer network. Check out www.nukeproof.com/demo for when we may be near you. If this is unavailable to you, you can always request a demo through your local authorised stockist.
- What size bike do I need?
- All our products come with a size guide. This is designed as an indication of the size that may suit you. If you are still unsure speak with one of our dealers who will be happy to help you pick the right size and model for you
- How does you bike range work?
- Our range is named based on specification level. Not every Bike Frame will have each specification level, but in order of price they run: Sport - Race - Comp - Pro - Elite- Factory/ST (Reactor Only) - RS
|Material:||Hydroformed 6061 Triple-Butted Aluminium|
|Axle to Crown:||455mm|
|Max Tyre Size:||2.6"|
|Headtube:||44mm / 56mm Semi-Integrated|
Sport: ZS44-28.6 / ZS56/30 (For 1 1/8" Steerer)
Race: ZS44-28.6 / ZS56/40 (For Tapered Steerer)
|Seatpost:||27.2mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)|
|BB:||Threaded 68mm BSA|
|Rear Axle:||M12*1.5 Thread x168mm (Thread Length 17mm)|
|Max Chainring Size:||32T/30T Oval|
|Brake Mount:||160mm Direct Post|
|Protection:||Kevlar Chainstay Protector|