Nukeproof Dissent 275
“It makes me want to race some World Cups again” Sam Hill
Racing is in our DNA. It comes from being developed and tested in conjunction with the world’s fastest racers.
The Dissent platform was originally conceived by our engineers as a concept to test several progression curve theories at once. However, in turning the theory into reality, we created something much better than expected, and the prototype won on its international debut at Crankworx festival’s Garbanzo Downhill race with Sam Hill. It is not uncommon for different world cup riders to want a slightly different characteristic to one another depending on factors such as their riding style and whether they run flat pedals or not. The DISSENT takes this into account with an adjustable main pivot flip chip, designed to essentially work like a bottomless token for a coil shock. The DISSENT Frame now offers riders the choice of 4 main pivot positions, which alter how progressive the suspension is. Cleverly the geometry and travel do not change between positions. Note: The sag difference between each setting is around 1% so you should not need a different spring rate.
The Main pivot flip chips are fast and simple to change and offer a tailored factory set up for every rider! Further custom tuning can be done via our new 3 position adjustable chainstay features interchangeable dropout inserts (435, 440, 445mm). The chainstay flip chips allow you to alter the wheelbase by 5-10mm depending on the type of track you’re riding, your height or riding style. The settings are as below
- Setting 1: 17% Progression – This is the setting that is most similar to the Pulse frame but with more mid-stroke support. It starts with the least progressive rate off the top, has the most mid stroke support and then ramps up the least at the end. As used by Sam HIll
- Setting 2: 21% Progression – This is what we consider to be the Goldilocks position. (Its’s just right!) I.E. It suits most riders most of the time and as a result this is the setting we recommend and will ship the bike in.
- Setting 3: 26% Progression – This is the position that Adam Brayton prefers and has raced to several medals already this year. If it is progressive enough for “Gas to Flat” himself, then it is probably progressive enough for you too!
- Setting 4: 30% Progression - It starts with the most progressive rate off the top (Most supple over small bumps), has the least mid stroke support but then ramps up the most at the end. This is the setting that we would use for riding a bike park with loads of braking bumps and massive jumps/drops.
The combination of frame adaptability, a custom hydroformed 6061 aluminium tubeset, a confidence inspiring 63-degree head angle and 200mm of travel via our new Dissent platform make this bike the privateers dream. The centrally-positioned shock and linkage system ensure optimum handling while other features include a true 1.5” head tube, ISCG 05 mounts and a 157mm x 12mm rear axle to keep things stable at the rear
- Downhill Bike
- Hydroformed 6061-T6 Triple-Butted Aluminium
- 200mm Rear travel
- Adjustable Suspension Kinematics and Wheelbase
- Sizes Available: Small, Medium, Large, X Large
|Frame||Nukeproof Dissent 275 Alloy, 200mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set, custom tuned rear shock configuration, internal cable routing, Enduro bearings, threaded bottom bracket, boost 157mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection|
|Shock||RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate DH RC, Custom Tune Compression LIN, Rebound L, 250x75mm, Bearing End, Red Coil Spring (S=300LBS/M=350LBS/L=400LBS /XL=450LBS SPRING)|
|Weight: (Size Medium)||5Kgs/11lbs (Tubeless)|
Geometry & Sizing
|(C) Effective Top Tube Length||590.6||610.6||630.6||650.6|
|(D) Seattube Length||405||405||405||405|
|(E) Effective Seattube Angle||74.5°||74.5°||74.5°||74.5°|
|(F) Seattube Angle (Actual)||-||-||-||-|
|(G) Saddle Height at Saddle Offset||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|(H) Saddle Offset at Saddle Height||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|(I) Headtube Length||110||110||110||110|
|(J) Headtube Angle||63°||63°||63°||63°|
|(K) Chainstay Length||435/440/445||435/440/445||435/440/445||435/440/445|
|(L) Front Centre||759.77||789.16||817.92||842.31|
|(N) Bottom Bracket Drop||0||0||0||0|
|(O) Bottom Bracket Height||357.5||357.5||357.5||357.5|
|(P) Stand Over Height||669.55||668.95||668.01||667.46|
|(Q) Fork Travel||200||200||200||200|
|(S) Fork Offset||46||46||46||46|
|(T) Axle to Crown||581||581||581||581|
|(U) Maximum Seatpost Insert||134||134||134||134|
All dimensions in mm unless otherwise stated
*Available in frame only
- Frame Spec
- Tech Docs
- Where can I buy Nukeproof Bikes?
- Nukeproof bikes, components and apparel is sold through an authorised dealer network. Check out our dealer locator for your local local stockist or preferred online store www.nukeproof.com/dealers
- Do your bikes come with Warranty?
- All Dissent frames come with a 2 year frame warranty (Please visit www.nukeproof.com/warranty for full info). On top of that we also offer an extended 2-year warranty on all components excluding wear and tear items such as bearings, brake pads, chains & cassettes etc. Our Warranty policy applies to the original owner and processed by our authorised retail partners. To see their warranty process check: www.nukeproof.com/warranty
- Where can I demo a Nukeproof bike?
- We run numerous demo's through the year at major events and with our dealer network. Check out www.nukeproof.com/demo for when we may be near you. If this is unavailable to you, you can always request a demo through your local authorised stockist.
- What size bike do I need?
- All our products come with a size guide. This is designed as an indication of the size that may suit you. If you are still unsure speak with one of our dealers who will be happy to help you pick the right size and model for you
- How does you bike range work?
- Our range is named based on specification level. Not every Bike Frame will have each specification level, but in order of price they run: Sport - Race - Comp - Pro - Elite- Factory/ST (Reactor Only) - RS
|Material:||Hydroformed 6061 Triple-Butted Aluminium|
|Axle to Crown:||581mm|
|Max Tyre Size:||2.5"|
|Recommended Shock Sag (Measured standing):||30%|
|Shock Hardware F:||25x8mm|
|Shock Hardware R:||30x8mm|
|Headset:||ZS49-28.6 / ZS49/40|
|Bearings Required:||6x BB 6902 LLU MAX, 2x 63804-2RS MAX|
|BB:||Threaded 83mm BSA|
|Rear Hub:||Boost 157x12mm|
|Rear Axle:||Nukeproof M12x1.75 198mm|
|Brake Mount:||200mm Direct Post|
|Protection:||3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS|