Nukeproof Mega 275 Carbon
For over 10 years, our best-selling model; the Mega has been racking up awards on Enduro stages and in the press around the world. With 4 Enduro World Series titles to its name, the Mega has become an icon that is synonymous with racing. However, we never rest on our laurels and 2021 sees the introduction of the 4th generation Mega.
Since 2009 the Nukeproof Mega has been on a constant development to meet the demands of our riders and customers alike.
To optimise the weight, strength and stiffness, the Mega Carbon frame features a T700/800 UD woven carbon fibre frameset (Front and rear Triangle). The new carbon swingarms helps reduce the unsprung weight on the rear of the bike. Again, the Mega is available in both 27.5” or 29” wheel sizes, with both frame designs tailored around each wheel size. All forged part are also made from 6061-T6 Aluminium
After winning 4 Enduro World Series Titles in 3 years the all new design is an evolution of our ultimate Enduro bike. At the heart of the frame is all new suspension Kinematics, designed to be more subtle off the top, whilst remaining progressive and predictable . Anti-Squat is used to create an effective pedalling bike that can be thrashed through technical terrain. The useable SAG range is also widened to allow riders to tune the suspension to the trails. Other key features include:
- All New Carbon chassis
- Designed and improved suspension kinematics
- Tube In Tube design for easy cable installation
- All new Geometry
- Optimised sizing/fit - Small to XXL
- Sram UDH
- Now fits a 750ml water bottle inside the main front triangle!
The new Mega frame is optimised around the rider and weight distribution. The new geometry features dynamic saddle offset. Seat angles are optimised for each frame size and the seat tube itself is designed to take a longer dropper post if required.
- Enduro Bike
- Nukeproof T700/800 UD woven Carbon Fibre frame
- 165mm Rear travel
- Comes with 3D Contored rubber protection and clear paint protection kits
- Boost 148 Hub Spacing
- Sizes Available: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, XXL
|Frame||Nukeproof Mega V4 275 Carbon, 165mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD Carbon Fibre frame, internally piped cable routing, ISCG 05 mounts, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured Rubber frame protection and Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covering TT/DT/CS/SS|
|Shock||RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT, Custom LIN L1 HOTDOG S320 tune, 230x62.5mm, Bearing End, 2 bottomless tokens fitted|
|Headset||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS|
|Weight(Size Medium)||3.82Kgs/8.4lbs (Medium)|
Geometry & Sizing
|(C) Effective Top Tube Length||566.13||593.12||611.45||633.36||655.27|
|(D) Seattube Length||380||410||440||470||500|
|(E) Effective Seattube Angle||77.5°||77.5°||78°||78°||78°|
|(F) Seattube Angle (Actual)||71°||71°||71.5°||71.5°||71.5°|
|(G) Saddle Height at Saddle Offset||650||700||750||800||850|
|(H) Saddle Offset at Saddle Height||145.59||160.94||169.12||184.95||200.88|
|(I) Headtube Length||100||110||130||140||150|
|(J) Headtube Angle||64°||64°||64°||64°||64°|
|(K) Chainstay Length||435||435||435||435||435|
|(L) Front Centre||759.77||789.16||817.92||842.31||866.69|
|(N) Bottom Bracket Drop||10||10||10||10||10|
|(O) Bottom Bracket Height||345||345||345||345||345|
|(P) Stand Over Height||728.77||728.28||726.9||728.13||735.61|
|(Q) Fork Travel||170||170||170||170||170|
|(S) Fork Offset||37||37||37||37||37|
|(T) Axle to Crown||562||562||562||562||562|
|(U) Maximum Seatpost Insert||222||250||281||296||306|
*All dimensions in mm unless otherwise stated
- Frame Spec
- Industry Reviews
- Tech Docs
- Where can I buy Nukeproof Bikes?
- Nukeproof bikes, components and apparel is sold through an authorised dealer network. Check out our dealer locator for your local local stockist or preferred online store www.nukeproof.com/dealers
- Do your bikes come with Warranty?
- All Mega frames come with a 5 year frame warranty (Please visit www.nukeproof.com/warranty for full info). On top of that we also offer an extended 2-year warranty on all components excluding wear and tear items such as bearings, brake pads, chains & cassettes etc. Our Warranty policy applies to the original owner and processed by our authorised retail partners. To see their warranty process check: www.nukeproof.com/warranty
- Where can I demo a Nukeproof bike?
- We run numerous demo's through the year at major events and with our dealer network. Check out www.nukeproof.com/demo for when we may be near you. If this is unavailable to you, you can always request a demo through your local authorised stockist.
- What size bike do I need?
- All our products come with a size guide. This is designed as an indication of the size that may suit you. If you are still unsure speak with one of our dealers who will be happy to help you pick the right size and model for you.
- How does you bike range work?
- Our range is named based on specification level. Not every Bike Frame will have each specification level, but in order of price they run: Sport - Race - Comp - Pro - Elite- Factory/ST (Reactor Only) - RS
- Can I fit a coil shock to my Mega?
- Simple answer is yes, the Mega suspension curve will suit a coil shock if you want to run one. In recent years air shocks have come along way and we prefer the feel and performance of them (as do all our pro team) which is why we choose to fit air shocks to all our frames and bikes. Should you wish to buy a coil shock you will need a shock size: 230x62.5mm using 25x8mm (front) and 30x8mm (rear) hardware.
|Material:||Ultra Strong T700/800 Monocoque Carbon Fibre|
|Axle to Crown:||562mm|
|Max Tyre Size:||2.6"|
|Recommended Shock Sag (Measured seated):||30-35%|
|Shock Hardware F:||25x8mm|
|Shock Hardware R:||30x8mm|
|Headtube:||44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated|
|Headset:||ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8|
|Bearings Required:||4x F6802 LLU MAX, 4x 6902 LLU MAX, 2x F6902 LLU MAX-EA|
|Seatpost:||31.6mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)|
|BB:||Threaded 73mm BSA|
|Rear Hub:||Boost 148x12mm|
|Rear Axle:||Sram UDH Maxle Stealth M12x1.0 180mm (Thread Length 13mm)|
|Brake Mount:||180mm Direct Post|
|Protection:||3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS|