Nukeproof Mega 297 Carbon 2022
For over 10 years, our best-selling model; the Mega has been racking up awards on Enduro stages and in the press around the world. With 4 Enduro World Series titles to its name, the Mega has become an icon that is synonymous with racing. 2021 saw the introduction of the 4th generation Mega and the addition of the 297 MX wheelsize.
The pursuit for performance is endless. Developed in conjunction with our elite athletes, the Mega is now available in a mixed (MX) wheel size platform. The Mega 297 is a seriously capable machine, paring a 29” wheel up front with a 27.5” wheel out back. Why two sized wheels? The 29” wheel up front to maximise grip and rolling efficiency whilst the 27.5” wheel out back, ensures nimble handling for manoeuvrability and extra clearance for riders when leaning off the back of the bike.
To optimise the weight, strength and stiffness, the Mega Carbon frame features a T700/800 UD woven carbon fibre frameset (Front and rear Triangle). The new carbon swingarms helps reduce the unsprung weight on the rear of the bike. All forged part are made from 6061-T6 Aluminium.
With 4 Enduro World Series Titles in 3 years the V4 design is an evolution of the ultimate race proven enduro bike. At the heart of the frame is its suspension Kinematics, designed to be more subtle off the top, whilst remaining progressive and predictable. Anti-Squat is used to create an effective pedalling bike that can be thrashed through technical terrain. With a wide SAG range to allow riders to tune the suspension to the trails.
Other key features include:
- Front 29”/Rear 27.5” MX wheel size platform
- Optimised suspension kinematics
- Tube-In-Tube design for easy cable installation
- SRAM UDH
- On bike tool storage options
- Room for a 750ml water bottle inside the main front triangle
The Mega frame geometry features dynamic saddle offset which is designed to optimise seated rider weight distribution on each frame size. This is achieved through seat angle which are bespoke to each frame size. In addition, the actual seat tube is designed to be shorter overall with a bigger maximum insert depth so as to allow a longer dropper post if required.
As used by Nukeproof-Sram Factory racings Sam Hill in the Enduro World Series
Do you have one the new Ltd. Edition "Sprung Collection" Mega's? Check out below for recommended shock settings for each frame:
- Enduro Bike
- Nukeproof T700/800 UD woven Carbon Fibre frame
- 165mm Rear travel
- Comes with 3D Contorted rubber protection and clear paint protection kits
- Boost 148 Hub Spacing
- Sizes Available: Small, Medium, Large
ImagesRegular price £5,999.99 GBP (SRP) Save Liquid error (snippets/bike-product-template line 139): Computation results in '-Infinity'% Find a Dealer
|Frame||Nukeproof Mega V4 297 Carbon, 165mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD Carbon Fibre frame, internally piped cable routing, ISCG 05 mounts, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured Rubber frame protection and Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covering TT/DT/CS/SS.||Nukeproof Mega V4 297 Carbon, 165mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD Carbon Fibre frame, internally piped cable routing, ISCG 05 mounts, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured Rubber frame protection and Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covering TT/DT/CS/SS.||Nukeproof Mega V4 297 Carbon, 165mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD Carbon Fibre frame, internally piped cable routing, ISCG 05 mounts, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured Rubber frame protection and Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covering TT/DT/CS/SS.|
|Fork||Fox 38 Float, Performance Elite Series, Grip 2 Damper, 170mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Black||Fox 38 Float, Factory Series, Kashima, Grip 2 Damper, 170mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Orange||RockShox Zeb Ultimate Charger 2.1 RC2 170mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Grey|
|Shock||Fox Float X2, Performance Series, EVOL, 2 Position lever, Custom LCM LRM tune, 230x62.5mm, Bearing End, 2x 0.3 spacer fitted.||Fox Float X2, Factory Series, Kashima, EVOL, 2 Position lever, Custom LCM LRM tune, 230x62.5mm, Bearing End, 2x 0.3 spacer fitted.||RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT, Custom LIN L1 HOTDOG S320 tune, 230x62.5mm, Bearing End, 2 bottomless tokens fitted.||
Fox Float X2, Factory Series
Push Eleven Six
Fast Fenix Evo
EXT Storia V3
|Front Wheel||Nukeproof Horizon V2, 29", 6 Bolt, 110x15mm||DT Swiss EX1700 SPLINE 30, 29", 6 Bolt, 110x15mm||Nukeproof Horizon V2, 29", 6 Bolt, 110x15mm|
|Rear Wheel||Nukeproof Horizon V2, 27.5", 6 Bolt, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm||DT Swiss EX1700 SPLINE 30, 27.5", 6 Bolt, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm||Nukeproof Horizon V2, 27.5", 6 Bolt, XD Driver, 148x12mm|
|Tyres||Maxxis Assegai 3C MAXXGRIP/DD/TR 29” x 2.5WT, Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 3C MAXXTERRA/DD/TR 27.5” x 2.4WT||Maxxis Assegai 3C MAXXGRIP/DD/TR 29” x 2.5WT, Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 3C MAXXTERRA/DD/TR 27.5” x 2.4WT||Front: Michelin Wild Enduro 29" x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR, Rear: Michelin Wild Enduro 27.5" x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR|
|Crankset||Shimano SLX M7100 12-Speed, Hollowtech 2, 170mm, 32T, 52mm Chainline||Shimano XT M8100 12-Speed, Hollowtech 2, 170mm, 32T, 52mm Chainline||SRAM Descendant Carbon Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 32T, B148, DUB|
|Shifter||Shimano SLX M7100-IR, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV||Shimano XT M8100-R, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV||SRAM Eagle AXS 12-Speed, Black|
|Rear Deraileur||Shimano SLX M7100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus||Shimano XT M8100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus||SRAM XO1 AXS Eagle 12-Speed, Black|
|Chain||Shimano SLX M7100 HG 12-speed Inc Quicklink||Shimano XT M8100 HG 12-speed Inc Quicklink||SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed|
|Cassette||Shimano SLX M7100-12, 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T||Shimano XT M8100-12, 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T||SRAM XO1 Eagle 12-Speed, CS XG1295 EAGLE 10-52T|
|Chain Guide||Nukeproof guide with Bash, 28-36T, ISCG-05, black||Nukeproof guide with Bash, 28-36T, ISCG-05, black||MRP 1x AMG V2, 32-38T, ISCG-05, black|
|Brakes||Shimano SLX M7120, 4 Pot Brake, Metallic Pads||Shimano XT M8120, 4 Pot Brake, Metallic Pads||SRAM Code RSC, Sintered pads|
|Handlebars||Nukeproof Horizon V2 25mm Rise, Width - S780mm, M780mm, L800mm||Nukeproof Horizon V2 25mm Rise, Width - S780mm, M780mm, L800mm||Nukeproof Horizon Carbon V2 25mm Rise, Width - S780mm, M780mm, L800mm|
|Stem||Nukeproof Horizon, 45mm, Black||Nukeproof Horizon, 45mm, Black||Nukeproof Horizon, 45mm, Black|
|Seatpost||Brand X Ascend internal with Brand-X Remote lever, S:125mm drop; M:150mm drop; L:170mm drop||Bikeyoke Divine Stealth with Brand-X Remote lever, S:125mm drop; M:160mm drop; L:185mm drop||Bikeyoke Revive with Triggy 1x Remote, 31.6mm; S:125mm drop; M:160mm drop; L:185mm drop|
|Headset||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS||Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS|
|Grips||Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature||Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature||Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature|
|Weight: (Size Medium)||15.39kg Medium Tubeless||15.65kg Medium Tubeless||14.65kg Medium Tubeless||3.82Kgs/8.4lbs (Medium)|
Geometry & Sizing
|(C) Effective Top Tube Length||567.71||592.71||610.87|
|(D) Seattube Length||380||410||440|
|(E) Effective Seattube Angle||77.5°||77.5°||78°|
|(F) Seattube Angle (Actual)||71°||71°||71.5°|
|(G) Saddle Height at Saddle Offset||650||700||750|
|(H) Saddle Offset at Saddle Height||142.22||158.59||166.66|
|(I) Headtube Length||100||100||120|
|(J) Headtube Angle||64°||64°||64°|
|(K) Chainstay Length||435||435||435|
|(L) Front Centre||758.5||783.5||812.11|
|(N) Bottom Bracket Drop||30/10||30/10||30/10|
|(O) Bottom Bracket Height||345||345||345|
|(P) Stand Over Height||721.75/725.16||720.28/724.41||721.3/722.92|
|(Q) Fork Travel||170||170||170|
|(S) Fork Offset||42||42||42|
|(T) Axle to Crown||584||584||584|
|(U) Maximum Seatpost Insert||250mm||250mm||255mm|
*All dimensions in mm unless otherwise stated
- Frame Spec
- Tech Docs
- Where can I buy Nukeproof Bikes?
- Nukeproof bikes, components and apparel is sold through an authorised dealer network. Check out our dealer locator for your local local stockist or preferred online store www.nukeproof.com/dealers
- Do your bikes come with Warranty?
- All Mega frames come with a 5 year frame warranty (Please visit www.nukeproof.com/warranty for full info). Components will follow the component manufacturer warranty policy. Our Warranty policy applies to the original owner and processed by our authorised retail partners. To see their warranty process check: www.nukeproof.com/warranty
- Where can I demo a Nukeproof bike?
- We run numerous demo's through the year at major events and with our dealer network. Check out www.nukeproof.com/demo for when we may be near you. If this is unavailable to you, you can always request a demo through your local authorised stockist.
- What size bike do I need?
- All our products come with a size guide. This is designed as an indication of the size that may suit you. If you are still unsure speak with one of our dealers who will be happy to help you pick the right size and model for you.
- How does you bike range work?
- Our range is named based on specification level. Not every Bike Frame will have each specification level, but in order of price they run: Sport - Race - Comp - Pro - Elite- Factory/ST (Reactor Only) - RS
- Where can I buy touch up paint for my bike?
- Nukeproof have partnered up with paint specialist G-Paint to offer touch up paints for popular Nukeproof models. These can be bought direct from G-Paint's website HERE.
|Material:||Ultra Strong T700/800 Monocoque Carbon Fibre|
|Axle to Crown:||584mm|
|Wheels Size:||29" Front / 27.5" Rear|
|Max Tyre Size:||2.6"|
|Recommended Shock Sag (Measured seated):||30-35%|
|Shock Hardware F:||25x8mm|
|Shock Hardware R:||30x8mm|
|Headtube:||44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated|
|Headset:||ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8|
|Bearings Required:||4x F6802 LLU MAX, 4x 6902 LLU MAX, 2x F6902 LLU MAX-EA|
|Seatpost:||31.6mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)|
|BB:||Threaded 73mm BSA|
|Rear Hub:||Boost 148x12mm|
|Rear Axle:||SRAM UDH Maxle Stealth M12x1.0 180mm (Thread Length 13mm)|
|Max Chainring Size||36T/34T Oval|
|Brake Mount:||180mm Direct Post|
|Protection:||3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for DT/SS/CS|
- 2021 Mega Carbon exploded diagram with torque settings
- 2021 Mega Alloy exploded diagram with torque settings
- How to convert your Nukeproof bike to tubeless
- 2021 Mega MX Fitting Guide
- Fast Shock Recommended Base Settings
- Push Shock Recommended Base Settings
- EXT Shock Recommended Base Settings
- General Bike Manual
- 2021-Current Mega Carbon Bike Manual