Nukeproof Horizon V2 Rear Wheel 102t
This MTB rear wheel features a revised design, which gives you fast and smooth-rolling performance as you shred the trails. Coming equipped with Nukeproof's extensively trailed and tested alloy blend, its rim construction is specifically made to meet the demands of both enduro and DH riders. Producing a hardness similar to 7-series alloy but with the ductility and yield properties of a 6-series, this rear wheel gives you the best of both worlds in terms of strength, stiffness and weight.
Nukeproof has ensured this rear wheel's rim profile is the same as the front (sold separately), with the only difference being that the rear has a thicker sidewall for added strength on the trails. Another benefit is it comes equipped with J-bend spokes, which means that tensioning and spoke replacement is quick and easy.
Enduro ABEC 5 Bearings
After extensive testing with various brands of bearings, Nukeproof chose to use Enduro ABEC 5 bearings in this rear wheel. These bearings have the “LLU/LLB” seal type, which uses two lips that make light contact in a groove to create a labyrinth where the water or dirt has a more difficult time to penetrate. LLU seals are similar, only the contact pressure or interference fit is greater to seal better. Enduro bearings have 80% grease fill on both sides whereas most other bearings have 35% grease fill on one side. This delivers full coverage, so there are no dry areas as well as avoiding metal on metal contact or wear. This means that the axle feels tight out of the box and after a couple of rides it will become free.
Nukeproof Horizon V2 Hub
This MTB rear wheel features a revised Nukeproof Horizon V2 hub that now has 102 points of engagement and comes in a range of freehub options. Freehubs are also available separately and easily changeable if you choose upgrade your drivetrain in the future.
Nukeproof's 142mm hub can be converted to 135mm QR and the 148mm HG / XD hub can be converted to 141mm using end caps. The hub has also been machined to remove excess material and make it as strong and light as possible. Nukeproof has fitted these hubs with our louder pawls & springs, this gives the wheel a nice buzz as you head down the trail. If you prefer the quiet life, you can get the quieter ones which are available separately.
Wheels come taped with tubeless valve installed so all you need to do is fit your tyre and add sealant. The tubeless valve supplied is the new Nukeproof Horizon valve which is compatible with Nukeproof ARD and other tyre inserts aswell as the cap having a core remover built in.
A full range of spares are available to service your hub in the future.
Spoke length’s on Nukeproof wheels are the same regardless of spacing, the length changes with wheel size:
|Wheel||Wheel Size||Non Drive Side Spoke Length||Driveside Spoke Length|
Conversion kits and replacement end caps available separately.
|Caps||Nukeproof Part Number||Replacement or Conversion|
|Rear 135mm QR||NUKHORV2R135CAPS||Convert Non Boost 142mm hub to QR|
Convert Boost 148mm HG / XD hub to 141mm QR
It is not possible to convert our 148mm microspline hubs to QR
|Rear 142/148/157mm||NUKHORV2R148CAPS||Replacement caps for 142mm, 148mm and 157mm|
|Rear 150mm||NUKHORV2R150CAPS||Replacement 150mm caps|
- Rim Material: Alloy Nukeproof Blend
- Use: MTB, All Mountain, Enduro and DH
- Spacing Options: 142x12mm; 148x12mm and 150/157x12mm
- Conversion Options: 142x12mm can be converted to 135mm QR, 148x12mm HG / XD can be converted to 141mm Boost with end caps (sold separately)
- Freehub Options: Shimano HG, Shimano Microspline and SRAM XD
- Rear Hub Engagement: 102 points of engagement (every 3.52°)
- Wheel Size: 27.5" or 29" options
- Inner Rim Width: 30mm
- Outer Rim Width: 35mm
- Rim Height: 21.6mm
- Tubeless Ready: Yes, pre-taped and valve supplied
- Spoke Count: 32
- Spoke Type: J-Bend
- Disc Mount: 6-Bolt
- Lacing Pattern: 3x
- Build: Hand built
- Single or Pair: Single
- Weight: 27.5” 148x12mm: 1093g; 27.5” 150x12mm: 1116g / 29" 148mmx12mm: 1146g (includes tape and valve)
- Industry Reviews
- Tech Docs
- Horizon V2 / Neutron V2 Catalogue
- Horizon V2 / Neutron V2 Hub Technical Drawings & Spoke Length Charts
- Strip Horizon / Neutron V2 Hub
- Rebuild Horizon / Neutron V2 Hub
- Horizon / Neutron Complete Rear Hub Service
- 15mm Front Neutron / Horizon bearing change
- Convert or remove & refit your Neutron / Horizon v2 freehub
- Change your hub spacing with end caps (including compatibility chart)