Nukeproof Mega Carbon 297 MX Kit
The Mega Carbon 297 MX Kit enables you to convert your 290 Mega V4 bike/frame to the 297 MX standard. The 297 MX platform uses a 29" wheel at the front and a 27.5" at the rear, giving you the perfect balance of pace, stability, agility and control for riding anywhere on Earth. This kit optimizes your Mega 290 into a custom super-enduro that ensures for more front-end grip, enhanced rolling efficiency and playfulness on steep descents and technical terrain sections.
For over 10 years, Nukeproof’s best-selling model; the Mega has been racking up awards on Enduro stages and in the press around the world. With 4 Enduro World Series titles to its name, the Mega has become an icon that is synonymous with racing. The Nukeproof Mega has been on a constant development path to meet the demands of its athletes and customers alike, resulting in the launch of the latest Mega 297.
This Nukeproof Mega 297c MX kit includes everything you need* to convert a 290c Mega V4 frame into a 297c MX bike, running a 29” front and 27.5” rear wheel. Why would you want to do that? A mixed wheel set up uses a 29” wheel up front to maximize grip and rolling efficiency and replaces the 29” with a 27.5” wheel out back. The smaller 27.5” rear wheel ensures nimble handling and extra clearance for riders when leaning off the back of the bike (Especially on steep terrain).
This kit includes nearly everything you need to convert a complete Mega 290c to a 297c.
Please Note: You will require a Boost 148mm 27.5” Rear wheel and tyre, not included.
- Parts Included:
- Nukeproof Mega V4 Carbon 297 Seat stays (X1) and Chainstays (X1). Made from ultra-strong monocoque UD Carbon Fiber
- internally piped cable routing
- Enduro Bearings Included
- Boost 148mm rear axle spacing
- 3D contoured Rubber frame protection included
- Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covering CS/SS
- Colour: Black
Compatible with Mega V4 Carbon frames. This will also work on a Mega V4 Alloy frame but you will also need the carbon lower swing link kit which can be found here.
Note: Some additional parts may be required to build this onto your existing 29” frame. All of these parts should be available from the original:
- UDH Hanger
- Brake mount (If building onto an Alloy front triangle, then you will need to purchase a Carbon Mega Brake Mount.)
- Will this change the Geometry of my Mega? No. We designed the Mega as a series of parts that can be fitted together to make different configurations. As a result, the Geometry remains the same. For exact geo please see the GEO chart.
- Can I fit this myself at home? Yes, if you are a competent mechanic with the correct tools and the know-how for using them. Due to the complex nature of a full suspension frame, there are a lot of moving parts that must be installed and assembled in the correct order. It is also imperative that the correct parts are greased, thread locked or torqued to specification. Failure to do so would void the warranty of the frame. If you do not have the know-how, then please contact your local Nukeproof dealer or skilled service center.
- Material: Ultra Strong T700/800 Monocoque Carbon Fiber
- Wheels Size: Rear 27.5"
- Max Tyre Size: 2.6"
- Shock Size: Need to use the standard 230x62.5mm shock
- Bearings Included: 4x F6802 LLU MAX
- Rear Hub: Boost 148x12mm
- Rear Axle: SRAM UDH Maxle Stealth M12x1.0 180mm (Thread Length 13mm)
- Brake Mount: 180mm Direct Post
- Protection: 3D Contoured Rubber Frame Protection for SS/CS
- Fitting Guide - 2021 Mega MX Fitting Guide